July coyote calling, what's your take?

You may be right, and I apologize. I’ve never and will never put down anyone on here for what they may or may not do differently, but if it’s okay for one to tell another they shouldn’t bother..? That’s not a technique or even helpful advice… that doesn’t meat the criteria of the thread, and I believe that was a very polite way of saying it. I’m sorry if you disagree. I was just about to comment on your antelope meal, that looks awesome, BTW
Not what I said at all. Read it again please. I said I don’t bother, and that’s what I meant. I don’t begrudge anyone for doing otherwise. But no worries. Not the first time a misunderstanding happened in digital communication.

Also, antelope was awesome!

Sorry for the derail OP. Good luck on the coyotes, both now and later! 😁

Hunting coyotes will not control the population might give the rancher some feel goods but it won’t do anything to control them. Might as well shoot them when they are prime. And don’t screw up when you get a chance at them when you do call.
So you're saying if I am a sheep rancher my lamb crop to sell at the end of the year will be the same if I shoot coyotes or if I don't shoot coyotes all year long. Please explain!

So you're saying if I am a sheep rancher my lamb crop to sell at the end of the year will be the same if I shoot coyotes or if I don't shoot coyotes all year long. Please explain!
You’re not going to have any real meaningful affect unless you focus and concentrate your efforts on a very narrow window of time. You must focus your coyote control measures immediately prior to, and during lambing season. It is virtually impossible to maintain the concert in eradication efforts on a year-round basis. Virtually no one has the financial means to do so.

We have a government trapper as well as government airplane gunners in our area and also shoot anywhere between 50 and 80 coyotes a year and I guarandamntee you the number of lambs to sell at the end of the year is a lot higher when doing this then without doing it.

We have a government trapper as well as government airplane gunners in our area and also shoot anywhere between 50 and 80 coyotes a year and I guarandamntee you the number of lambs to sell at the end of the year is a lot higher when doing this then without doing it.
50 to 80 coyotes a year is chump change.

The one coyote that’s eating all the lambs can rack up more costs on lambs than the cost of keeping and airplane and gunner in the air long enough to wipe down 30 random coyotes not causing any problems. It doesn’t pay for itself even slightly.

Predator control is cultural. If it makes you feel good, do it.

50 to 80 coyotes a year is chump change.

The one coyote that’s eating all the lambs can rack up more costs on lambs than the cost of keeping and airplane and gunner in the air long enough to wipe down 30 random coyotes not causing any problems. It doesn’t pay for itself even slightly.

Predator control is cultural. If it makes you feel good, do it.
The 50 to 80 coyotes are the ones we shoot personally. That's not counting the ones that the trapper and airplane get. We can agree to disagree but we have seen the difference personally and there is definitely a difference.

The 50 to 80 coyotes are the ones we shoot personally. That's not counting the ones that the trapper and airplane get. We can agree to disagree but we have seen the difference personally and there is definitely a difference.

How much does it cost to fly an airplane and pay a shooter to indiscriminately kill coyotes versus the actual costs of lamb coyotes kill? How much more efficient would it be to target individual coyotes instead of aerial gunning and mass poisoning? Like I said before, predator control is touchy feely feel good cultural stuff.

Why should I, the tax payer, pay to prop up an industry that needs the government to spend millions of dollars on it just to keep it afloat?

Idc if people wanna go and stack coyotes like cord wood, but people need to be honest about why like doing it... and it’s not because they have lambs in mind. They do it because it’s fun and coyotes makes convenient targets. Like just be real about it.

Like I said, I refrain from the rude comments.. Wish some of you would do the same.. Taste is in the eye of the beholder. I LOVE that picture. Pure excitement. Too bad your excitement comes from putting others

I don’t refrain from rude comments, and your profile pic is one of the wackest things I’ve ever seen on the hunt talk forums. I’m sure you already knew that and expected some “rude” comments to come your way and have your victim card queued up and ready.

I don’t refrain from rude comments, and your profile pic is one of the wackest things I’ve ever seen on the hunt talk forums. I’m sure you already knew that and expected some “rude” comments to come your way and have your victim card queued up and ready.
Take that shitty attitude to Facebook troll

You want to know why I shoot them all year round?
Are you kidding me?
Because I can, of course.
Just like Gophers, rabbets, Prairie dogs, skunks, and coyotes.

It's great FUN and fair practice, WAY more enjoyable than punching holes in cardboard boxes.
If in my mind it makes me feel like I'm helping a little Even better.
I was just wondering if anyone else was doing it and if they had a special technic to do it.

How much does it cost to fly an airplane and pay a shooter to indiscriminately kill coyotes versus the actual costs of lamb coyotes kill? How much more efficient would it be to target individual coyotes instead of aerial gunning and mass poisoning? Like I said before, predator control is touchy feely feel good cultural stuff.

Why should I, the tax payer, pay to prop up an industry that needs the government to spend millions of dollars on it just to keep it afloat?

Idc if people wanna go and stack coyotes like cord wood, but people need to be honest about why like doing it... and it’s not because they have lambs in mind. They do it because it’s fun and coyotes makes convenient targets. Like just be real about it.
This isn't feely feel good cultural stuff. This is protecting our bottom dollar.

Our paychecks show that it helps so we will continue to do it.

This isn't feely feel good cultural stuff. This is protecting our bottom dollar.

Our paychecks show that it helps so we will continue to do it.

It absolutely is feel good stuff when you need the federal government to subsidize these control efforts. It def would effect sheep ranchers bottom dollar if it was them paying for an airplane, and not the government. You said you kill 50-80 on your own, that’s chump change. You need Uncle Sam to handle the rest, and that’s payed for by the tax payer.

How much do you spend personally on predator control, and how much money in the price of sheep have you saved that can reasonably be attributed to your predator control efforts and not just correlation?

It absolutely is feel good stuff when you need the federal government to subsidize these control efforts. It def would effect sheep ranchers bottom dollar if it was them paying for an airplane, and not the government. You said you kill 50-80 on your own, that’s chump change. You need Uncle Sam to handle the rest, and that’s payed for by the tax payer.

How much do you spend personally on predator control, and how much money in the price of sheep have you saved that can reasonably be attributed to your predator control efforts and not just correlation?
We have an airplane and do our own gunning also.

When you lose a couple hundred head of ewes and lambs a year it damn sure does add up.

It might be hard for you to understand when you're not dealing with it for your livelihood.

Have a good one.

We have an airplane and do our own gunning also.

When you lose a couple hundred head of ewes and lambs a year it damn sure does add up.

It might be hard for you to understand when you're not dealing with it for your livelihood.

Have a good one.

*shrug* maybe I’m wrong. How many coyotes would you say you kill vs Wildlife Services on your property? Genuinely curious.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rohan7
Back