Judging bears #2

mtnboy

NICE coat!! Shoulders and rump look pretty solid from that angle......READY, AIM ..........but those ears look like that could get over 100 tv channels ;)

Since I don't mind the taste of a Nike.....
I'd say that unless you have some weird Dumbo genetics there, it's about a 5 footer - 175 lbs - possibly a sow.

Need to see it's ground clearance, to be sure, though... Did I mention the sweet coat???

danr55

Size..Large Maybe 36 inches at the shoulder..

Weight..Heavy.. maybe 225 to 240

Looks like a big bear from here..

:cool:

1_pointer

If my memory's intack (doin' a bit o' drinking tonight) that is the bear you shot last year, thus I'd say it weighs 149.65963 pounds.

Moosie

Grand poopa
1-Pointer, You're memory Servers You Well.... It's the Same Bear. Here is a Vid Clip of it too :

http://www.hunttalk.com/albums/springbear03/bear.wmv

I'm not sure of the Bears Weight. I didn't have the Guestimating Chart I have Now. In the Next week or so When I shoot me another one, I'll play the Game again
I can Say that I picked the Sucker Up,and Hauled it out gut's and All. It was Downhill but it Still couldn't have been 125 ? I think the Picture is Illusive and So is the Video Above. Watch it and Tell me what you thought. I was Sure it was a 200-225# for Sure. The problem was it was Aproaching from the Uphill side down to me. That, And I had a BEar Woody so It clouded my judgement. ;)

Bear Judgeing is Hard, Even with 5 under my belt I second guess myself all the time.