Jonesin' in PA.

Howie

Saturday is the archery opener for whitetail here. Just wanna wish all who hunt PA. Good luck and safe hunt.
The caseless centerfire antlerless/new bear season starts in two more weeks. Bear has been traditionally open for archery that week.
Been waiting like Christmas Eve...🤗

He means InLine, there’s a new season. PA is the only state I know of that has a post Christmas ish Flintlock season. This year they added Bear/Doe with InLine during Archery a few weeks. Guessing he used that terminology to minimize confusion. I had a great 11 all around the house in PA. Had an urgent issue pull me off vacation and now I’m Iowa but on my 3am drive to the airport I saw a large 7 sparing with an 8 in my lot. I’m hoping to make it home for Sat morning then I’m in NY through Sun. The week after I’ll be chasing them. Trying to decide if the 11 by the house is best or climbing hard 3 hours to another brute I chased last year will be the game plan. It’s a long hard climb and haven’t scouted him this year.

just a bit of history the reason Pa has the flint lock only season is due to the fact in the early 1700s the pa long rifle was fist made in lancaster county copied in other states incl, kentucky
but as I have read most historians say Pa is the birth place of the flint lock long rifle
not to change the subject of this post im sure he means the inline season for bear

I’m Jonesin’ in NY. It’s my first ever archery season, and Saturday is my first sit! Good luck, everyone

Yep its a in-line. Just thought it needed a little differentiation because of their overwhelming performance over a traditional smokestick. Snowshoes, wool and a flinter take you right back to when it all started in this great country.

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaly24
Back