MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Joined the Hot Tent group!!!

SFC B

After some rather interesting happenings this year/season I decided I needed my own tent/stove set up. While I will probably not be using my set up exclusively, or maybe even that much at all, I wanted the ability to head out on my own when I want. I did some looking and the tipi style tents, while awesome, just don't suit how I like function in a tent. I looked at a LOT of options weighing cost/configuration/ reviews. This is my solution. Onetigris Tegimen tent along with the the Tiger Roar stove kit. I got both on Cyber Monday for a total of $399 (110 off regular price). The tent came Saturday and the stove today. Tomorrow I am going to "burn in" the stove in the yard. I am going to do poles for the tent instead of the between trees setup and am gonna give mama a chance to get those for Christmas before I jump. Here are the first pics.

Attachments

• 20221205_180217.jpg
    20221205_180217.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 39
  • Resized_20221204_171004.jpeg
    Resized_20221204_171004.jpeg
    153.1 KB · Views: 39
Here is the first 🔥...... went together easy, good draft, door seals well.

update: forgot to mention there is a baffle over the exit and the damper is integrated in the stove.

Attachments

• 20221206_101358.jpg
    20221206_101358.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 14
Last edited:
Let us know what you think. I’ve also considered one of those hammock tents to use as a small wall tent. I “need” a option between my backpacking tent, teepee and heavy canvas tent.

My friend bought that same hammock tent, one of their teepees and a smaller stove. The teepee and stove seem pretty nice, but much heavier than the other teepees and stoves I have used. All of them appear to be a good deal for the price. The Tegimen tent seems pretty nice too, but it leaked like crazy. We used it on a whitewater rafting trip in northern Idaho last May. It rained pretty much all night both nights on the river. The tent seams leaked like crazy and it sure looked like the material was leaking in a bunch of spots too. Thankfully I had a 16x16' Kelty tarp that we hung above it the second night to keep dry. Could probably solve any leaking problems by using some of the heavier duty seam sealer and a coating of tent sealer at least on the roof part of the tent. Make sure to use seam sealer that is more like aquaseal instead of the creamy liquid type.

My friend bought that same hammock tent, one of their teepees and a smaller stove. The teepee and stove seem pretty nice, but much heavier than the other teepees and stoves I have used. All of them appear to be a good deal for the price. The Tegimen tent seems pretty nice too, but it leaked like crazy. We used it on a whitewater rafting trip in northern Idaho last May. It rained pretty much all night both nights on the river. The tent seams leaked like crazy and it sure looked like the material was leaking in a bunch of spots too. Thankfully I had a 16x16' Kelty tarp that we hung above it the second night to keep dry. Could probably solve any leaking problems by using some of the heavier duty seam sealer and a coating of tent sealer at least on the roof part of the tent. Make sure to use seam sealer that is more like aquaseal instead of the creamy liquid type.
Definitely going to seam seal and probably spray too. I always seal new ⛺.

That’s why I always set up in the yard and test for a week or so. Still a bummer to hear.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jerrod12
Back