Join RMBS, win a sheep hunt

Oak

Expert
*Thanks to Randy for letting me post.
Now is a great time to join Rocky Mountain Bighorn Society. We are giving away three great prizes to members who join or renew between now and May 21. If you join as a life member you are automatically entered to win a Yukon Dall sheep hunt in addition to the membership drive prizes.

NEED NOT BE PRESENT TO WIN.

Learn more and join here.

Life Member Sheep Hunt Drawin AD small.jpg

Last edited:
If I bought my life membership in February, am I in the running for anything?
Yes. Click the learn more and join hear link in Oak’s post and enter the life member drawing. While there consider tapping the “donate” button to help underwrite the hunt we are giving away.

And thanks for becoming a life member. Let me onow if you need anything or are looking to be actively involved in RMBS activities. I am an the board and happy to help folks however I can.

Just joined first time. Excited to read your publication when it comes in. Thanks Oak for your lended expertise and wisdom to the forum. I always stop and listen to what you say in discussions.
You just missed the mailing cutoff for the Spring issue. Your membership will reflect a summer expiration, but I'm going to make a Spring issue flipbook and send the link to those who missed the cutoff.

@thebestusernamesaretaken thanks for sharing your thoughts. I'm going to respond to your post when I have a little more time. I'm preparing for an afternoon coordination meeting with 8 other conservation organizations working on the Grand Mesa, Uncompahgre, and Gunnison Forest (GMUG) plan revision process. Our goals are to identify next steps to ensure a strong voice for wildlife and habitat in this forest planning process. Having a strong voice in these planning processes is the best way to make positive strides at a landscape scale. The GMUG includes all or portions of 10 Rocky Mountain bighorn sheep DAU and one desert sheep DAU. There are currently over 27,000 domestic sheep permitted to graze on the forest across 23 allotments.

I've been conflicted about donating for sheep for a long time. I really want to help and have donated in the past. I have admired them since I was 6 years old. I seem to view this as more of a pure donation for rather than a self interest wildlife conservation because of the political difficulty of putting and keeping sheep in wild places. It seems that we could have solved this issue by now if everyone was in agreement. I need some calibration.

One one hand, wild sheep should never have been removed from our landscape and needs help now. A lot of money and effort has been put into this but it seems that they are only slightly better off after several decades of trying.

On the other hand, because sheep hunting is so out of reach for most financially; I almost feel like I'm donating money to pay for folks who are wealthier than I, to be able to go on a hunt.

It also appears that some, are more responsible than others for the near irradiation of sheep in America. These may be the same people that can afford to hunt these critters.

I'm all about fighting the good fight but should we be looking for a better way yet?
Colorado has around 310 sheep tags in the public draw and a couple more in raffles.

The vast majority of their tags are available to regular people and the RMBS does a great job advocating for sheep.

Glad I caught this, signed up as an existing life member and threw in an extra $100 to maliciously exclude camelids from sheep habitat.
Good job on the donation! Thanks for helping CO bighorns! I need to get mine in too.

Currently 209 total entries for the Yukon Dall sheep hunt drawing. And I'm sitting this one out. I'm surprised by the good odds.
I may have attempted to put my name in more than once... Couldn't remember if I had done it already and I'm sure it will only give me one entry, so better safe than sorry!

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back