Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

John connected on a lope opening day....

supersider34

My friend that drove from Post Falls also connected on a nice lope opening morning. I set my blind up a couple weekends ago and John got here Sat after the 10 hr drive down. he got here around 3 pm and we got up Sun morning around 2 to head out. Got to the blind around 5 am and had a buck come in around 7 and I videoed him and it came in and went to the left of the blind. We watched him and then he left without coming to the watering hole. So we figured he was looking for doe's. Also had a coyote come in about an hr later. It went over to where the buck went then headed around in front of us. I noticed that when the yote was over there that every time it put its head down he would come up licking his lips. So John shot the yote when it got in front of us as the shooting holes where not out the side where the buck and yote where. We got out to get his arrow and found there was a small seep over there. We covered it up with rocks and got back in the blind. We where dozing off when I heard running hoove beats. I woke John up and there was a buck standing over that seep. The buck came all the way around the blind and John shot him at 35 yds. Perfect shot. You can see the hols in the pics. I didnt get the shot on video because John used the hole I was using for the camera. We had a fast recovery of him.
This was Johns first archery goat and I have him hooked on it. He is the one who killed all the bears and elk. So was great to get him down here. He is ready for next year.LOL
Here are his pics.
f7639710.jpg

f763956e.jpg

Hey thats what I was wearing in the blind. Now you know why I get to hunt so much. My wife gets scared when I put that shirt on.LMAO
John said when he scanned the pics they came out dark. I tried to touch them up but it just barely lightened them up.

Sure looks like He's smoked a "BOWL" or two in his life eh ? ;)

Sider, I would love to Shoot a Lope. I'm jsut not up for sitting hours in a Blind hoping one will walk by. I'll guarentee I'll do it one day though... and Very soon !!!

Kudos on the Success and the Awesom Smiles in the Pictures !!! A good smile lets Everyone know you had fun doing it.

I might Start calling you bear slayin' cookie monster ;)

As for the bowl thing have no idea. John is 40 something and I bet he is better shape than most guys I know. He doesn't drink smoke or have any bad habits. He is really religous.
As for me I could go with grouch in the garbage can. As I felt hot and sweaty after that blind on Monday. Would of shot anything by the end of the day. LOL But could go with bear slayin cookie monster as I did eat most of Johns wifes cookies she made for the trip.LOL Actually ate about 10 of them.

HEY IM 49 GOING TO BE 50 IN JANUARY. I THANK JERRY THE COOKIE MONSTER FOR THE HARD WORK HE DID BEFOR SEASON. IT'S NOT THAT IM SO RELIGIOUS. I KNOW THE LORD AND HE HAS BLESSED ME. WITH MY HUNTING AND FRIENDS. WE ALL HAVE A SOMETHING WE BELEVE IN MINE IS GOD NOT LUCK. LETS JUST TALK HUNTING. LOL JOHN

No need to minimize what you believe, callin. Being "religious" isn't a bad thing.
Great looking goat you got. I gotta get me one of them.

Back