Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Jim Shockey

The scariest place in the world is one's first entry in to an oncology lobby. Kid you not, 15% of the people in there will be someone you know or kin to someone you know, and besides scaring the living chit out of you, it will break your heart. If you're involved in treatment or have friend or family that is, acquaint yourself. It's worth the time.
There is so much truth to this. When my wife and I had to head to the oncology center for her forst appointment with her chemo doctor, neither of us had ever been more scared. Especially when I sat outside the room while they took a bone sample and I hear her screaming from that pain. And the real breaking of the heart was walking past all the treatment rooms seeing young people (I suppose my wife was one of them as well being only 22)

Never met Jim Shockey in person but condolences to his family on their loss.

I would like to thank him for his public work and support in worldwide conservation efforts especially in his work with Safari Club International, among other groups.

I am a basic SCI member but attended the convention last year in Nashville. I think the organization’s motto is “Conservation through hunting.” Very nice convention and great venue.

SCI along with other conservation groups like DU, DSC, RMEF, NWTF, etc. truly make positive impacts for wildlife, the hunting community, and outdoor sports and activities. Please join, rejoin, and recruit your friends and family for these worthy entities. Every member counts.

Please try to attend their conventions and local meetings, if possible. Please also take time to read the magazines and literature. I learn a little with each publication. Wildlife is the winner.

Happy hunting, TheGrayRider a/k/a Tom.

Back