I’ve compromised my morals and my soul

Hey fellas did that guy that was gonna run an antelope to death ever accomplish it? It may give me hope for my bayonet charge after my muzzleloader misfires.

I have hunted successfully with a muzzleloader. Last critter to tip over was a bull elk.

Something resonates deep in my DNA in the bit of time from the 209 primer firing into the black powder which begins slowly burning then the gradual push into the shoulder while the lugnut glides down the barrel. Is unlike a rifle discharge. The timing, recoil, sound and smoke are so different to me that it makes my reptilian core smile as if just snagged a horsefly from midair. I do not recall hearing the impact of the bullet hitting an animal when using a muzzleloader. Not even one time. I often hear whooomp when shooting a rifle at a critter, though. If I could only shoot a rifle or muzzie the rest of my life then would choose the muzzie. I like horseflies, I guess.

I have hunted successfully with a muzzleloader. Last critter to tip over was a bull elk.

Something resonates deep in my DNA in the bit of time from the 209 primer firing into the black powder which begins slowly burning then the gradual push into the shoulder while the lugnut glides down the barrel. Is unlike a rifle discharge. The timing, recoil, sound and smoke are so different to me that it makes my reptilian core smile as if just snagged a horsefly from midair. I do not recall hearing the impact of the bullet hitting an animal when using a muzzleloader. Not even one time. I often hear whooomp when shooting a rifle at a critter, though. If I could only shoot a rifle or muzzie the rest of my life then would choose the muzzie. I like horseflies, I guess.
Like the follow through of a free throw...well said LopeHunter

I love the unique look in a deers eyes when you miss at 40 yds. He kinda looks as if to say." Hmm low cloud and thunder must be rain today". He then saunters off as your trying frantically to stuff another lugnut down the barrel with half the powder dumped on the ground. Just as shaky fingers land the 3rd 209 he goes out of sight.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back