It's that time!

Well, my app is already in. For some reason, the Nevada draw is the one I look forward to most, even though my chances of magically growing hair on top of my head again are likely better than drawing a tag. I like to dream big.

Cat hunted nevada in january and saw alot of good bulls late season.. nevada is a special place. Met a few old timers in the watering hole. Landowner tags are within reach if the draw kills my dream

For someone with zero points in Nevada, do you think it’s worth it to jump in? The price seems awfully steep.

I drew a rifle buck tag the first year I applied. You always have a chance. That said I wouldn't count on drawing that soon unless it's archery deer.

I drew a rifle buck tag first year as well. It's such a cool state to hunt.

I’d love to hunt there some day, and if you have unlimited funds, then why not jump in. Personally, I wouldn’t put $155 on a roulette table, so until they stop squaring points, I will most likely not be donating to Nevada Game and Fish. There are too many mule deer and pronghorns elsewhere for me to attempt to improve the odds of using my license by applying for everything.

I’d love to hunt there some day, and if you have unlimited funds, then why not jump in. Personally, I wouldn’t put $155 on a roulette table, so until they stop squaring points, I will most likely not be donating to Nevada Game and Fish. There are too many mule deer and pronghorns elsewhere for me to attempt to improve the odds of using my license by applying for everything.

My bill all said and done was almost $250...

My bill all said and done was almost $250...
Yep. Multiply by 20 years and it would actually be worth it if you could draw everything, but the odds say you’ll probably only draw a few species, and if I accidentally drew it one year when I wasn’t prepared for the trip it would be another problem all together. The number of non-residents for which Nevada makes sense is probably a lot lower than the number who apply. If I had an unlimited hunting budget and nothing else to do, I’d be all over it.

Of course you could always just get lucky.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back