Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

It's only a cow!

It's truly not about it being a cow or a bull...It is about the experience. Sounds like you had a great one, starting many years ago...

Well done!

This is fantastic! I can totally relate to the text message to your wife, also! I am always so excited to call her and let her know when I got one. Nothing beats sharing that excitement with her! Congrats!!

Great write up and conrgrats!!

While i only have a few elk to my name, My most rewarding elk came just this past week. 7 days of hard work for her.

And i Agree, I could have shot 4 bulls before i encountered a cow.

The family and I just finished off another Elk roast today......outstanding! Thanks again for the comments and PM's. There's a reason this is the only forum I belong to.

Congrats recon, Awesome job on the elk, way to set a goal, stick to it and follow through. I hope to be on the same path as you, the past two years I followed my young son (he's 14) antelope hunting and he was able to harvest his goats. He drew an elk tag this year (he didn't fill it on an archery hunt this past September). We're not done yet I will put him in again for an elk tag next season and use your story as motivation. Thanks for sharing!!!

A public land elk, taken on your own (especially by a self-taught guy residing outside elk country).... that's a trophy. Congratulations!

Back