Its coming.... what call are you blowing/practicing with???

JoltnJoe

I'm a beginner caller and have had a lot of fun this offseason learning and playing with diaphragms and the bugle tube. What call are you chewing on and why do you find it preferable over others? I have a small/high palate and the phelps calls seem to suit me better so far. The grey phelps and phelps maverick are what I'm producing my best and most consistent tones with. Interested to see what everyone else likes and why...

If you go to our Promo Code section, you will see that you get a 15% discount by using promo code RANDY when buying Rocky Mountain Hunting Calls.

Link here - https://buglingbull.com/product-category/elk-calls/

The roof of my mouth is wide and flat, some would say I have a big mouth. The two that fit my mouth best are:

Bugling - Reaper

Cow calling - Kristy Titus Fury

!

Owner James suggested Pink Lady cow call for my narrow, high palate. His Black Widow is a good bugler. He also suggested bending the metal horseshoe frame a bit: w call in palate, press back of horseshoe slightly, straight up toward roof of mouth. Also, I have trimmed the fabric of wider reeds to fit inside my narrow top teeth. Leave @ least 1/4 inch of fabric around sides of frame (more on back of horseshoe) so you get a good air seal. Cut a small bit off each edge, then retry. If you have a worn out call you can cut it until it fits between your teeth and seals well, then use that as a template if trimming new calls.

Brown and yellow Rocky Mountain hunting calls. Last year I called in over 60 bulls with those two calls including one day that I called in 18.

Brown and yellow Rocky Mountain hunting calls. Last year I called in over 60 bulls with those two calls including one day that I called in 18.
I use the brown and yellow from Rocky Mountain also for a few years.
Recently got a blue BRO call and it is pretty sweet.

The Reaper and The Patriot from Wapiti River. Love them! Why? I always get a great sound right off the bat. I have had other calls that it took me once or twice and then they performed well. That first sound though, that is pretty important!

I'm using a couple of different Rocky Mountain calls. Heard great things about the Phelps though, might pick one up to play with soon.

I have a mature bull that Iv raised/trained since birth . He walks around with me and calls whenever I ask of him .

I have a mature bull that Iv raised/trained since birth . He walks around with me and calls whenever I ask of him .
That is thoroughly impressive sir, I hope temptation never gets the best of you! How is he as a packer???

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back