It’s Christmas, Accubond

Hunt4Meat

Just got hit from Ammoseeker on7mm 160 Gr. Santa’s early.

I wish nosler bullets were more readily available. Is the hornady plant that much bigger than noslers? Seems like hornady can keep a ton of boxes of bullets and ammo on the shelves yet nosler is always scarce
Yeah, but Hornady doesn't make a bullet I would hunt with. Love the V-max in my .222 though. mtmuley

I wish nosler bullets were more readily available. Is the hornady plant that much bigger than noslers? Seems like hornady can keep a ton of boxes of bullets and ammo on the shelves yet nosler is always scarce
I’ve always wondered that as well. I love Accubonds and ballistic tips for hunting but you have to get them while you can. I’ve been buying a lot of Sierra TGKs lately as a substitute, haven’t killed anything with them yet but they’re a pretty stout bullet, good BC, and easy to load for.

I actually used the 180 SST in my .30-06 for a few years before I started handloading, they worked really well. Only caught one bullet and it held together great.

I’ve always wondered that as well. I love Accubonds and ballistic tips for hunting but you have to get them while you can. I’ve been buying a lot of Sierra TGKs lately as a substitute, haven’t killed anything with them yet but they’re a pretty stout bullet, good BC, and easy to load for.

I actually used the 180 SST in my .30-06 for a few years before I started handloading, they worked really well. Only caught one bullet and it held together great.
How do those TGK do on meat damage? Most other Sierra’s I’ve shot produce way more jello around the entry/exit compared to an accubond.

How do those TGK do on meat damage? Most other Sierra’s I’ve shot produce way more jello around the entry/exit compared to an accubond.
They have a much thicker jacket than the old gameking. I haven’t killed anything with them yet, but I’ll hopefully try one on a bear this spring. I know @SnowyMountaineer has used them.

IMG_7578.jpeg

They have a much thicker jacket than the old gameking. I haven’t killed anything with them yet, but I’ll hopefully try one on a bear this spring. I know @SnowyMountaineer has used them.

View attachment 307624
We’ve killed several antelope and good bear with the 90 gr 6mm TGK. I killed a couple deer with AB’s but it’s been many years. I’ve been very happy with the penetration:damage balance of the TGK.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhiskyRichard
Back