Caribou Gear Tarp

It's about time to introduce myself

Ebstein

Hi all. I am from Wisconsin. Married, 3 adult kids. I'm the boiler operator for a local hospital. I have hunted whitetail for 30 yrs. I started watching Randy's show on YouTube sometime after Covid started. That led me to some other channels, particularly HUSHIN and Born and Raised Outdoors. They all have a common theme. Each channel says that "anyone can come out west and do this". Well, that's what led me here. Our kids are all adults now and I am going out west to hunt. I have just recently started buying points for elk, mule deer, and antelope. I love whitetail, but I really want to hunt the above mentioned animals too. I feel like we are held back as hunters here. I told my family and friends I'm doing a western hunt somewhere next year. So far, I have no takers on a hunting buddy. That's ok, I like being with myself. The search function here has some amazing info.
Thanks. Bryan

Last edited:
Welcome aboard from the U.P. of Michigan. I took my first hunting trip out west in 2011. Been going somewhere every year since.
Just beware, hunting will never be the same at home after you go.
I think Antelope is a good way to get started.

Last edited:
Welcome aboard from the U.P. of Michigan. I took my first hunting trip out west in 2011. Been going somewhere every year since.
Just beware, hunting will never be the same at home after you go.
I think Antelope is a good way to get started.
Thanks. I’m down in Green Bay.
That’s exactly what I’m hoping for. I do have a point for antelope in Wyoming and Montana. I will probably try to start with one of those. I have elk and muley points as well.

Welcome to HT! Had the same experience... saw the show, found the forum, started hunting out west. I did have the good fortune to have a group of guys who became like minded. Good luck!

Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tvrguy
Back