Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Itchy scalp

perma

Weird question but how does everyone keep clean in the backcountry regarding hair specifically? I know the mountain man answer is just to toughen up. But my head in particular gets so bad to the point where I was drawing blood when I was younger. I was told by my barber to use dry shampoo but that’s too bulky. I was thinking a stay in conditioner but not a fan of the scent and how stiff and sticky it leaves your hair.

a couple cups warm water and basic scent free hunter liquid soap will keep you clean head to toe daily, a simple spit bath. Just went 15 nights with that on a hunt and was clean and comfortable. And it was not even a back country hunt.

The way my life is going stress-wise I won’t need to shave soon. Alas, I want to preserve what’s left. Think of it as conservation.
Finasteride, or it's gone. I know a doctor that put his 16 yr son on it just to prevent hair loss because it's common in their family. It's the only way to save what you have.

We all get in denial when our hair starts thinning and before we admit we're losing it, it's gone. If you're thinning, get on finasteride. It's like $2/mo with a prescription from your doc (have him give you a 5mg dose and then quarter it daily). You can get it from online pharmacists too, but it's more expensive.

a couple cups warm water and basic scent free hunter liquid soap will keep you clean head to toe daily, a simple spit bath. Just went 15 nights with that on a hunt and was clean and comfortable. And it was not even a back country hunt.
I think this is what I eventually came to the conclusion of. Just gotta boil some water to get it warm first.

Finasteride, or it's gone. I know a doctor that put his 16 yr son on it just to prevent hair loss because it's common in their family. It's the only way to save what you have.

We all get in denial when our hair starts thinning and before we admit we're losing it, it's gone. If you're thinning, get on finasteride. It's like $2/mo with a prescription from your doc (have him give you a 5mg dose and then quarter it daily). You can get it from online pharmacists too, but it's more expensive.
I think I saw this on the internet. I’ll have to look at it closer. Sadly it’s been stable but not growing back. It’s time for a doctor.

I think I saw this on the internet. I’ll have to look at it closer. Sadly it’s been stable but not growing back. It’s time for a doctor.
You can't get back what you lost unless you get a hair transplant. You can only save what you have and the stuff for that is finasteride. It's really cheap if you get the 5mg tabs and quarter them, they charge a lot more for 1mg (Propecia) tabs since they're cosmetic.

Rogaine doesn't grow hair back, it just makes the hair you have appear thicker... but, if you're not also on finasteride, you'll lose it anyway.

I know this from experience, I learned the hard way. When I finally went to the doc, he said, "If you would've come in a few years ago, you'd still have all your hair."

Some guys really couldn't care less, I guess I'm not the secure because I hated it.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back