Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

It ain't all bad

I would think that everyone is happy that the herd is doing better that buz has been ranting that they were in a decline due to NR.

There is this however: WY Resident licenses cost $62 but some tags for only cows or calves sell for $48. Game and Fish charges non-residents $707 for lottery-issued full-price elk tags, which include a fishing license, and $303 for cow/calf licenses.

NR is 1,140% higher than NR. You have NO SHAME and deserve whatever you get! :)

Last edited:
I have to pay 10x as much to hunt family land in Tennessee as a resident has to pay for both hunting and fishing licenses.

I have to pay 10x as much to hunt family land in Tennessee as a resident has to pay for both hunting and fishing licenses.
That's terrible; but I guess WY gives you have a gift for as long as it lasts. I thought that, that guy said that the State of WY treats their residents poorly?

I would think that everyone is happy that the herd is doing better that buz has been ranting that they were in a decline due to NR.

There is this however: WY Resident licenses cost $62 but some tags for only cows or calves sell for $48. Game and Fish charges non-residents $707 for lottery-issued full-price elk tags, which include a fishing license, and $303 for cow/calf licenses.

NR is 1,140% higher than NR. You have NO SHAME and deserve whatever you get! :)
Where did I say the elk herds are doing worse? I've shot 3 per year here for the last 5-6 years, one of the 2 bright spots for wildlife we have in Wyoming. If you would have been on/at the commission meeting this week, you wouldn't make dumb comments like that. Whitetail are also doing better here too...1,715 more tags being issued this year for them.

Moose, Sheep, goat, bison, mule deer, and pronghorn area all not doing well at all.

How can NR be 1,140% higher than NR?

Maybe you need to quit "thinking"...

I must admit...its a rare gift to be able to shoot your mouth, and yourself in the foot all at the same time.

Oh, and almost forgot, the NR hunters in the lower point pools that want more General tags in the draw will not be happy, neither will the outfitters that operate in general units. More NR LQ elk tags drops the number of NR general tags issued.

Its thankless work, this wildlife business...and crap from every angle is the norm.

Even one outfitter here whining about having too high of a bull to cow ratios...52 bulls per 100 cows is "mismanagement" because cows aren't being "tended". Seems to me with post harvest cow/calf ratio's of over 30/100...the cows are getting tended to.

Last edited:
Where did I say the elk herds are doing worse? I've shot 3 per year here for the last 5-6 years, one of the 2 bright spots for wildlife we have in Wyoming. If you would have been on/at the commission meeting this week, you wouldn't make dumb comments like that. Whitetail are also doing better here too...1,715 more tags being issued this year for them.

Moose, Sheep, goat, bison, mule deer, and pronghorn area all not doing well at all.

I must admit...its a rare gift to be able to shoot your mouth, and yourself in the foot all at the same time.
$707 / $62 x 100 = 1,140% :)

Don't feed the troll Buzz...

Oh, and almost forgot, the NR hunters in the lower point pools that want more General tags in the draw will not be happy, neither will the outfitters that operate in general units. More NR LQ elk tags drops the number of NR general tags issued.

Its thankless work, this wildlife business...and crap from every angle is the norm.

Even one outfitter here whining about having too high of a bull to cow ratios...52 bulls per 100 cows is "mismanagement" because cows aren't being "tended". Seems to me with post harvest cow/calf ratio's of over 30/100...the cows are getting tended to.
See I was joking before, but now I’m serious. I got pronghorn points and ek points to burn don’t be surprised when a Corolla with mass plats shows up in your driveway.

Last edited:
Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crookhunt
Back