Caribou Gear

ISO Archery Hunting Partner for Colorado

Elk Arrow

My normal hunitng buddy can't make the trip this fall so in order the please the wife I'm looing for someone to make the trip with this year. I will be driving from Wisconsin so someone from the midwest would be prefered. I typically do a backpack style hunt, spending 3 to 4 days on the mountain at at time.

If I don’t draw my Antelope tag I’ll be heading to Colorado from Wisconsin myself.

Will find out on the 18th.

My normal hunitng buddy can't make the trip this fall so in order the please the wife I'm looing for someone to make the trip with this year. I will be driving from Wisconsin so someone from the midwest would be prefered. I typically do a backpack style hunt, spending 3 to 4 days on the mountain at at time.
If my partner can't go with me, we may have to talk. What dates are you going? I'm looking at the opener thru sept. 8th. Was planning on going out around Aug. 27/28 to scout a bit, maybe fish for a day, and then heading in for a couple 3-4 day stays. I have no elk experience, 53 yrs old, in decent shape. I have a lot of hunting experience with whitetails, but I realize elk are a lot different. I have good equipment, boots, backpack, etc.

My calendar isn’t set so I can go anytime. I usually go for 9 or 10 days. This will be my fifth elk trip 4th in Colorado. I’m 38 and also in pretty good shape. When does your buddy plan to let you know?

If my partner can't go with me, we may have to talk. What dates are you going? I'm looking at the opener thru sept. 8th. Was planning on going out around Aug. 27/28 to scout a bit, maybe fish for a day, and then heading in for a couple 3-4 day stays. I have no elk experience, 53 yrs old, in decent shape. I have a lot of hunting experience with whitetails, but I realize elk are a lot different. I have good equipment, boots, backpack, etc.

My calendar isn’t set so I can go anytime. I usually go for 9 or 10 days. This will be my fifth elk trip 4th in Colorado. I’m 38 and also in pretty good shape. When does your buddy plan to let you know?
I talked with him a couple days ago. He's able to go. If anything changes, I'll let ya know. Thanks

What area of the state are you planning to hunt?

Hey Elk Arrow,
I won’t be archery hunting this year but will be south of the steamboat area scouting for a later rifle hunt. May be able to meet up for a few days to help spot. Feel free to send me a PM.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dyaddof
Back