PEAX Equipment

Is anyone else stoked for whitetails

nr8l

I don't know about you all, but I am ready to head to KS for whitetail. My neck is swelling and I want to go rub my head on a tree or something :hump:

Hell yes I'm excited.
Saturday is opening day of an eight day long special permit area near home. My dad, best friend, and his wife were all lucky enough to draw tags this year. Plan on being up there at least five of the eight days helping them out. My buddy and I have seen some absolute pigs this summer and early fall in there.
For my dad and buddy, they're going for 150 or bust.
These two aren't even close to the biggest we've seen, but were the most photogenic.

Attachments

• boyd.jpg
    boyd.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 281
  • boyd 2.jpg
    boyd 2.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 280
Randy11 I need a hunting partner like you.Seems like you help others out more than you hunt for yourself.I probably wouldn't apply with you though as it seems everybody else gets the tags.Good luck on the whitetails.a150 is hard to come by no matter where you live or what tag you have.

Being a student It's pretty easy for me to sneak out and tag along on everyone elses hunts. Also know this unit like the back of my hand, so it should be a blast helping these guys key in on Mr. Big.

Uhm....yeah

Really excited to go to Missouri for Whitetails. Four weeks to go. Won't go by fast enough. Already got a Muley this year with the bow. First time. Does anyone know when the rut is? I heard the peak is Novv 13th.

Math equation

Mass + width - tine length =/= 150
(or anywhere near it)

Attachments

• Mark's buck.jpg
    Mark's buck.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 216
Really excited to go to Missouri for Whitetails. Four weeks to go. Won't go by fast enough. Already got a Muley this year with the bow. First time. Does anyone know when the rut is? I heard the peak is Novv 13th.

Generally through out the midwest the whitetail rut is Nov. 3rd thru 10th.Or should I say best hunting days?

Still his biggest whitey, and the bar's set for Dad now.

Attachments

• Mark's buck 2.jpg
    Mark's buck 2.jpg
    146.6 KB · Views: 196
I'll be in the woods tomorrow morning. I decided I needed a day off and what better way to spend it than in the woods bow hunting.

randy11...nice buck on the ground...and the 2 in the photos are great lookin too...good luck and hunt safe!

nr8l...hell yes I'm stoked...MO youth for the kids is 10/31 & 11/1, MO rifle opens 11/14...was just down to the farm last weekend and its lookin 'very good'. :D
Good luck on your hunt!

CObigbuck83...welcome to the site!
like cornfed says 11/3-11/10 generally hits hard...but the following week is usually pretty strong too in north MO.
I was down at my farm north of Chillicothe, MO last weekend...saw a lot of deer and a couple of bucks, the bucks aren't really 'on' yet...a lot of fresh rubs, a few small 'starter' scrapes around, but not being used much yet....things should be right on for the opener in MO on 11/14. Good luck to you!
BTW...where are you hunting in MO...I'm in north central up north of Chillicothe?

M R Byrd...I've hunted pheasant out your way before...a heck of a lot of nice deer out there!...I dont think you have to 'worry' too much lol! Good luck this season!

Nice looking buck Randy, congrats.

Any more to the story?

Whats that Jose? You want to give me another excuse to post pictures?

We catch these deer moving off a hay field, across a strip of timber, and into some open grass fields on public land. For whatever reason, stupid me forgot the spotting scope in the pickup and we miss judged this buck a little bit, my buddy got excited and went all 'Beyond Belief' on me.
20 inches outside, smallest mass measurement is still 4 2/8, and an awards book body on this tub of lard. We're assuming 4.5 years old, possibly 5.5. Kind of a shame he didn't get to rut a couple more years, he's got some bad-ass genetics with the mass and typical 6x5 frame.
Our buddy Buzz could probably point this exact spot out on a map.

Attachments

• long shot.jpg
    long shot.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 138
  • fatty.jpg
    fatty.jpg
    133.3 KB · Views: 145
  • trolley ride.jpg
    trolley ride.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 133
Last edited:
NIce deer Randy. I've been seeing a few shooter bucks so far....
& hope to have some field pics of em starting in about two weeks.

To be honest, I am having a hard time getting excited this year. Guess it is a comination of boredom and the fact that I have yet to even see a shooter on my cameras, most likely due the the logging activity going on the property next to me.

Back