Is Ammo supply coming back at all yet?

Saw some variety at Walmart of all places today. Some .22LR and upland loads. More than in the past 2 years

Last edited:
Your sitting on a small gold mine there, steel shot is almost non existent anywhere.

Keep checking, you should see some showing up soon- I’ve seen a bunch on the shelves the past month or two. Common stuff, too- Kent 12g 3” 4 shot, etc. The supply of shotgun loads looks pretty decent around here now.

Keep checking, you should see some showing up soon- I’ve seen a bunch on the shelves the past month or two. Common stuff, too- Kent 12g 3” 4 shot, etc. The supply of shotgun loads looks pretty decent around here now.
I'm stocked up pretty good. All my buddies have been complaining they couldn't find much.

I hope to see 7mm-08 Hornady on the shelf soon. Was thankful I had stocked up few years back as I had ammo for my Elk hunt. Couldn't find any last year in Boise area. Even 9mm for my pistol all they had was the tactical (I think that's the name) and no cheap shooting range rounds. So annoying.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220111-222016_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220111-222016_Chrome.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 29
I heard that because it’s coming back and the prices are coming back down, that there will be a spike in buying and another shortage.

Reminds me of a few years ago when there was not a fuel shortage, but the media said there was a fuel shortage, and we went out and created a fuel shortage.

A local dunhams actually has 6.5 prc ammo . hornady precision hunter 143 grain eldx for 52 a box. I dont own one yet but should buy ammo. lol.

Anyone been able to find large rifle primers? I keep looking around Sioux Falls area but can never find any... Pretty hard to reload when I have 22 left.... :(

Slowly, location dependent. Have seen shelves fill up and inventory actually stay on hand, with shipment restocking now and then. Loaded ammo and components. NE Wyoming

Anyone been able to find large rifle primers? I keep looking around Sioux Falls area but can never find any... Pretty hard to reload when I have 22 left.... :(
Keep checking Runnings. No, dont call them everyday, that just pisses them off. I try to stop every day or every other day and sometimes the magic happens but I'm in Brookings. Probably supplied by the same area distributor in MN though. The other place I have found them is occasionally in Kjeergards in Lake Benton, MN . There is a guy who has some reloading supplies listed on Craigslist today. Worth a check, not that idiot with the $125 starters, Sheesh! I have heard early in the morning at Scheels sometimes works as well. I used to see these guys at auctions buying all the primers they could at $38 a brick, I see the light now. Good luck.

Stoped by an LGS today, picked up three boxes of bullets that I’ve been searching for, and they even had Fed 215M primers. I walked away a very happy person.

Keep checking Runnings. No, dont call them everyday, that just pisses them off. I try to stop every day or every other day and sometimes the magic happens but I'm in Brookings. Probably supplied by the same area distributor in MN though. The other place I have found them is occasionally in Kjeergards in Lake Benton, MN . There is a guy who has some reloading supplies listed on Craigslist today. Worth a check, not that idiot with the $125 starters, Sheesh! I have heard early in the morning at Scheels sometimes works as well. I used to see these guys at auctions buying all the primers they could at $38 a brick, I see the light now. Good luck.
Runnings is my light in a dark World.... Thanks I'll keep checking them

I was surprised to see Cabelas had tons of 9mm, 45, 380, (22lr @ $.10/round), 223, and 400 boxes of standard "grey box" .308 Winchester 180 grain shells the other day. I didn't buy any even though they are the bullets my wife shoots out of her gun.

I have 3 or 4 boxes in the gun room so I figured I would let others get what they needed. Having said that, I have more courtesy than most people. I overheard one guy saying he "had 10 boxes but they can be hard to find". He had 2 boxes in his hand "just in case he cant find them again" That guy acted like he had spotted a white wale of some kind...lol What on earth would an "average sportsman" do with 12 boxes of common deer hunting rounds? I guess he either needs to practice a lot or he kills a piss load of deer....lol

I find the whole ammo crisis to be about as absurd as the toilet paper crisis. Most people will never even shoot all of the ammo that they ran out to buy in fear. Wife's Grandma works as a greeter at walmart and was hoarding .22lr shells right off the truck at wal-mart.....shes 80 years old and hasn't shot a gun in 50 years. She was just buying it for her son to re-sell....Pure ridiculousness nationwide.

I walked out of Cabelas with a new overpriced hat for my father-in-law. They had plenty of those. lol

Wal-mart was my secret go-to for ammo during this shortage. Hard to come by, but when it was there it was still dirt cheap ($25 OTD for a box of 300WM). Now the cheapest Winchester 6.5CM is $34 OTD.

It's finally piling up on shelves now for some calibers. 308, 270, 22LR, handgun ammo. Still hard to find 300WM, 30-06 or 6.5CM.

On the bright side prices at Cabelas/Sportsmans seems to have inched down a few dollars.

Back