PEAX Equipment

Is Ammo supply coming back at all yet?

I actually saw 2 boxes of 444 marlin ammo on the shelves today. It wasnt cheap and I dont have one but it was still surprising to see them

Ammo is coming back here, noticably. Lots of shotgun and rifle ammo at my local Runnings the last time I was there. Primers and powder are still pretty much impossible to find. I've got enough to get me through next season if I go light on the practice shooting, but I'm holding out hope I'll be able find a pack, or two of primers by summer.

Walked out of my LGS 30 min ago with 500 small rifle primers for $50. Havent’t seen any in a while.
Ouch.

I just bought a ar-15 in 223. I picked up the dies, etc. to reload but with the cost of materials right now it was cheaper to buy a 1000 rounds of steel cased wolfs. The wolfs cost me 35 cents a round. That to me is nuts.

I don't like to think about the money I have spent on ammo and components over the last year.
If I could just find a few boxes of Nosler Trophy Grade in .280 Rem 140gr, I'd be about done for awhile on ammo.I expect they will be almost 80 bucks a box when I do find them...

As far as components go I could use a brick of large rifle primers. Winchester, Federal, CCI... don't care at this point lol.

My memory escapes me, but what did a box of say, 30-06 Core Lokt cost in the before times?

I'm seeing the "cheap stuff" on the internet aggregators again, but lowest price is usually about $35 a box. I vaguely recall them retailing for $15 a box at Sportsman's back before all this started.

Can't find any 12 gauge in anything but 7 1/2 shot or turkey and slugs. Want to get some 6 shot or even 5. Nothing.

Made it Bass Pro and Green Top in Richmond on Sat. Ammo shelves looked pretty good, but not all the flavors we like to see. Lots of .223, .22's, and a fair selection of .308 among the inventory, but I don't think they had 30-06. Fair selection of reloading supplies from various brands, even 209 primers, and several kinds of powder. Best deals I found were not in the Presidents Day weekend sale ad, but on the tables they had with odds and ends from estate sales.

Seemed like $20/box was a standard fair price for Core Lokts back in the not too distant past, but it will be tough to hit that number again.

QUOTE="Beignet, post: 3346274, member: 48370"]
My memory escapes me, but what did a box of say, 30-06 Core Lokt cost in the before times?

I'm seeing the "cheap stuff" on the internet aggregators again, but lowest price is usually about $35 a box. I vaguely recall them retailing for $15 a box at Sportsman's back before all this started.
[/QUOTE]

I paid $22 at Walmart Saturday.

Ammo is plentiful every where I go, but reloading components are still hard to get

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JMD
Back