Is Ammo supply coming back at all yet?

Can’t find .300 win brass anywhere

Also, anyone know how you ship powder tried with UPS and it was a total debacle.

Trying to ship to myself, not a third party.

Some of you are finding ammo but how are the prices? I found 6.5 cm (yes glamorous, I know) 143 ELD-X for $90/box!!! that used to be under $30/box. It looked like the old standard calibers are extremely expensive too. I also bought some 12 and 20 gauge lead for $20/box. Ouch!

Some of you are finding ammo but how are the prices? I found 6.5 cm (yes glamorous, I know) 143 ELD-X for $90/box!!! that used to be under $30/box. It looked like the old standard calibers are extremely expensive too. I also bought some 12 and 20 gauge lead for $20/box. Ouch!
Seen 6.5 creed 143 eld-x today for $42.99/box.

Good to know. hopefully enough people are stocked up that supplies are truly recovering. Not seeing it in Idaho yet however with all the thugs moving here (as witnessed in the mall shooting this week), for one reason or another people are still hoarding.

If I found that, I would buy a couple boxes. That is what I used for sighting mine in for my kids to use hunting. If anyone has some they don't want/need and want to shoot me a pm, I am open...

Wonder if any of the shortage dating back many year is the government stockpiling ammo and components for war.

I attended a brief back around 2009 where the speaker essentially said the combined army of China & North Korea would produce more bodies than we can produce bullets for them. That always stuck out in my mind. We've been preparing for war for a long time....and not just the GWOT

I'm sure like everything else it's supply chain issues. How much powder comes from outside the US? How much is sitting in an anchored ship?

Wonder if any of the shortage dating back many year is the government stockpiling ammo and components for war.

I attended a brief back around 2009 where the speaker essentially said the combined army of China & North Korea would produce more bodies than we can produce bullets for them. That always stuck out in my mind. We've been preparing for war for a long time....and not just the GWOT

There are supply chain issues with everything right now. I couldn’t get windshield wipers tonight..

There are nearly 8 million Americans who became gun owners since early 2019 that alone could cause a surge in demand. Demand also went crazy with the start of covid, Biden became president, Remington was not producing ammo/components for a while upon bankruptcy, and the continued shortage only fuels more people buying up stuff they don’t need.

Last I saw the us production capacity was about 4 billion rounds of centerfire annually. That’s a lot of Chinese and North Korean bodies.

Bombs help with this problem

I was ticked off trying to find ammo that I started to research a swagging press to make projectiles becuase if its not 5.56, .223, .308 or 9mm it's rare to find it in stock.

Reactions: JDH
I walked into several shops in nearby town last week since I was tired of getting snowed/rained on and to waste some time before lunch. They didn't have squat besides 223/5.56 FMJ, 308 FMJ or target HP, or 9mm. The few boxes of other stuff was wildly priced. The stores had a few 12ga target loads, a few 20ga slugs (that was a surprise), and open cases of 10ga steel loads. No pheasant loads, no 12ga non-toxic waterfowl loads, no 410, no 20ga shotshells.

I was told by several upset gun counter employees that the resellers pounce on the stores every morning to grab what they can

Yeah I have all but given up on shooting my 6.5 Grendel, ammo price is whackadoodle..thank God for my stockpile og 7.62 x 54R,,commrade.

Back