PEAX Equipment

IRS Audits

I own a CPA firm. We prepare around 1,500 returns a year, so whether I like it or not, I usually get to do it two or three times a year.

Hope you aren't subject to an audit, because even if you win, you lose, in terms of lost sleep, professional fees, etc.

Nope, not thinking about it... Smack dab in the middle of it. We went through the first part. It was a Field audit. It went ...Uhhhh ..OK. He was scheduled to spend like 2-3 days at my Accountants but only stayed 6 hours. I need to provide a few more things... you know, little things, like Mileage log :( Bank Statements :( Etc. I have to Write a couple different letters about my Bizz and have it all this week. He is going back I thnik either later this week or next week. He told my accountant he's hoping to have it Wrpped u by the Beginning of March. WTF ? I didn't make that much money, Even if I rode the Grey line He's not getting that much out of me ? My guess is the same amount of time spent with a Real Buisness would Yield better returns ? Either way....... What do ya do but play the game :D :D

"because even if you win, you lose, in terms of lost sleep, professional fees, etc."

Yep, I've been there. Just wondering if anyone shares my experience.

Ithica, I'm guessing I won't be getting back any "Extra"... just wondering how much I'll need to pay. :(

Ya gotta know how to deal with the auditor. First thing is; put all your receipts and records in a big bag. Give him the bag and tell him everything is in there and not to wake you up 'til he's done. Then go to sleep. He'll figure anyone who can sleep thru an audit doesn't have anything on his concience.

haha.... I signed power of atterny over to my accountant. I don't have time to Mess with that kind of Chizz. She can handle it. If it comes back and I have to pay I'll get a loan and pay and move on.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back