Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Iphone scope adapter

sheff

Anyone have any suggestions on the best "phonescope"? Looking to buy one for Leupold Gold Ring 12-40 spotter. I have been told the universal ones don't work well.

Sheff

Last edited:
They aren't cheap but look rock solid: Phoneskope.

I went cheap and 3D printed something similar, but their menu system takes out the guess work. Just enter your phone, scope, and pay about $80.

genuine phone scope,,,you can order perfect specific set up for your own type of phone and your own type of spotter for perfect set up

I have a Leupold 12-40 GR with the PhoneSkope, it works, but not as good as PhoneSkopes do on most other spotters. The adapter needs to slide further onto the focus ring, it doesn't grab solid enough for horizontal orientation of the phone. The weight of the phone rotates the adapter down to a vertical orientation. The fact that the adapter is on the focus ring of the spotter also means it has to change position whenever you adjust focus. I contacted PhoneSkope about the adapter ring needing to be deeper and grabbing more of the spotter, but it never got anywhere. The GR 12-40 is a good spotter; the PhoneSkope is a great product - the two together unfortunately aren't the best pair, but still a good pair.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back