Investment options

I have just recently started dabbling in options. Anybody have any advice for a newby to options?
I asked one of my fishing buddies who was the retired senior executive of a major regional trading firm if he knew of many folks who had made lots of money on options. He said, yeah, the options brokers. So play with a little fun money. Read all you can. Watch the charts. Very volatile, impossible to predict. His opinion, not mine. YMMV.

How do you plan to pay for the $100,000+/annual long-term care expense we all may face for ourselves and possibly our spouses?

??Government-funded nursing home with that pleasant urine smell throughout the hallways and dining areas?? No thanks.

Maybe look at Long-term care insurance while the policies are still available, still affordable, and you have your health?

Loving it! Today is looking pretty good so far. Now when to bail?
Between more states making recreational stuff legal and hemp products becoming more popular, I (would like to, possibly ignorantly) think there is some serious staying power in cannabis.

Last edited:
How you guys feeling about this cannabis run up lately?
I feel like I am just in front of rWSB, selling pot stocks and silver earlier this year. I should start posting a like of the stuff I own so they can push that stuff up.

To your ?, like I said, I'm out. Prices are volatile and they are horribly run companies. Like Mining and small cap O&G but on steroids. They practically destroy capital. But hey, if the price is going up and you are long, ride the wave and make some cash. Look back a few years for price levels. These stocks did this before and were dead money for a long time after (mostly the time I held them). Don't get addicted to them. :)

So, I've been squirelling away some money and I'm trying to figure out a good place to stick my extra cash I've built up.

I already keep a chunk of money in various mutual funds and stocks as a rainy day fund, but I'd like another option to throw money towards.

A savings account would be ideal, if the rates weren't so pathetically low right now, and I can't seem to find any CD's that do much better.

What else is out there for options? Open an online only high interest savings account? Those make me as little nervous just because they are online only, but maybe I'm just paranoid...

Buy bonds? Buy gold and hide it under the mattress?
Try diversifying with some real estate investments- either purchase a property directly or buy into some reits. Look at some Vanguard real estate ETFs for more diversification.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hotdeals
Back