Intro/This years hunt

azoner

Been reading your posts for a while and it is about time a post up something myself.
Currently live in the great state of Kalifornia, but I lived all over the west (Oregon, Alaska).
I spend as much time as I can outdoors hunting and fishing. We get into a few deer and boar around home, the duck hunting can be real good at times, but the elk tag is impossible to get.
So we are going the Franck Church this year in October for elk.
There will be six of us, all family. Two from Kali, 3 from Oregon and one from Jersey.
The will be our second trip to the Church for elk and we are all getting pumped up, counting down the days.
Well I just wanted to add something to the forum, if you are planning a trip to the Frank Church wilderness yourself and have a question, please ask. No expert but I will do my best to help you out.

Good luck this year,
Azoner

That is one hell of a spot to start hunting elk. Did you hire a guide or all of you on your own??? Hope you are successful and can't wait to hear how it go's. Good luck!

Sorry did not mean to imply it was our first elk hunt.
We hired an outfitter to set up a camp and pack us in by horseback.
My uncle went on a dry run with the outfitter in July and did a little scouting,
looks promising so far.
Plus it is part adventure right ;)

oh sorry, it sounded like your first elk hunt. It will be a great adventure and it is in some beautiful country. Very big country so try to be in shape. You should have a great trip in there. If you don't mind, what outfitter is packing you in?

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaly24
Back