PEAX Equipment

Interesting

MarvB

For you New Yawkers...

Gov. Andrew Cuomo’s executive budget proposal for this coming fiscal year contains some big changes to New York’s hunting regulations.

Among the proposals, the governor would lower the minimum hunting age for big game (deer, bear) with a firearm from 14 to 12, and expand the use of crossbows “in all big game seasons,” including the full length of the regular bowhunting season

For you New Yawkers...

Gov. Andrew Cuomo’s executive budget proposal for this coming fiscal year contains some big changes to New York’s hunting regulations.

Among the proposals, the governor would lower the minimum hunting age for big game (deer, bear) with a firearm from 14 to 12, and expand the use of crossbows “in all big game seasons,” including the full length of the regular bowhunting season
Huh, even blind squirrels find a nut occasionally.

Well THAT is stupid, might as well turn it into another firearm season...
I see this all the time.

Have you hunted with a crossbow much?

I just spent 9 days hunting with a crossbow in a heavily forested area. If I would have had any firearm, including a traditional muzzleloader, I would have had at least 5 lay up type shot opportunities. Hunting with the crossbow I had 0.

I see this all the time.

Have you hunted with a crossbow much?

I just spent 9 days hunting with a crossbow in a heavily forested area. If I would have had any firearm, including a traditional muzzleloader, I would have had at least 5 lay up type shot opportunities. Hunting with the crossbow I had 0.

If you want to start another thread for the debate that's fine, but I firmly believe crossbows have no place in an archery season...

If you want to start another thread for the debate that's fine, but I firmly believe crossbows have no place in an archery season...

That's fine. I wasn't trying to debate if crossbows should be allowed in archery season or not. Just wondering why someone would say that if that they allow crossbows in archery season they may as well just make it a firearms season, which is demonstrably false.

Crossbows for handicapped hunters should be considered. But that would open the door unless regulated. we always see handicapped parking placards, when people are fully capable.

Back