Interested in Hunting Alaska?

dwin180123

I am looking for someone to hunt moose or caribou in Alaska with me this fall. Should have some backcountry experience and be in good physical condition. I have almost 30 years of big woods hunting experience including two trips into the Arctic. This hunt will be a flyin out of Talkeetna and by Alaska standards,the cost will be reasonable. If you're interested, respond back to this thread and we'll figure out how to connect.

You may also want to post this on the Alaska sub-forum, just to ensure coverage. God luck, hope you find a partner! I'll be hunting out of Tok this fall, moose and caribou.

Need Alaska hunting Partner – proposal details

I thought it might be helpful to provide some details for this proposed 2014 hunt in Alaska. The hunt is for moose or caribou in Unit 16. Black bear is also possible. This would be an OYO fixed camp float plane fly-in out of Talkeetna. Mid hunt moves are possible if required. The dates are flexible, but season opens 8/10 for archery and 8/20 for firearms. The hunt duration and start dates are dependent on pilot availability and weather. The base cost (bush pilot service, license, and tag) is around $1800 for caribou and $3460 for moose, plus your round trip transportation costs to Talkeetna. I also have some insight into a moose float trip near Gates of the Arctic Park. This would be a significantly pricier endeavor and would require higher order backcountry experience and skills. I am open to entertaining other proposals, and also open to joining someone on an already planned trip with a vacancy. Drop me a note if you might be interested. Happy hunting.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back