PEAX Equipment

Insta pot?

Here is another scenario: Gas grilled some ribs (I know-just take me out back and shoot me)

gas grilled ribs don't get enough love

take me out back and shoot me too, but smoked ribs are a bit overrated.... depending

We love ours. As others have mentioned, great for wild game cuts and other staples around our house like rice, beans, soups, carnitas and barbacoa, etc. A relative recently made some great chicken pho in theirs too which I want to try.

I was sold on the instant pot during deer camp. I had bought a large chuck roast. It was so large that I had to cut it in half so it would fit in the crock pot. I put the other half in the fridge. Low setting for 8 hours in the crock pot and the roast was tough. It always seems like a gamble on roasts. I stopped at my sisters on my way home to help unload and my sister put the other half of the roast in the instant pot. The roast was amazingly tinder. Would have never guessed it was from the same piece of meat.

We've had ours for a couple of years, and I'll still use it a few times per month. I like to cook rice, quinoa or hard boil eggs with it on Sunday's for meal prep throughout the week. I still prefer to do soups / stews / chilli's in the ol' dutch oven.

The instapot saved me twice. Both times friends / family called up and said - "hey you coming to the birthday part tonight I haven't told you about yet?". Then followed with, can you throw something together meat wise?

I threw in a few pounds of moose (frozen hard still), added some water and let it rip for 40 min or so under pressure. Dumped all of it into my stock pot, shredded the meat and cooked it on the stove top to get flavors worked in. So you can go from frozen meat to shredded meat in a couple of hours - which has it's place at times.

Thanks for all the help folks.
We've got kiddo number two showing up at the end of January so we got one for xmas. My wife saved up for some maternity leave so it seems like a good time to give it a whirl.

We have one and it works if you need to cook something fast. However they will not develope the same depth of flavor when preparing a braise. I also have found the texture of meat is more succulent with a good ol'fashioned Dutch oven. Time is often your friend when preparing dishes that are meant to take time.

We have one and it works if you need to cook something fast. However they will not develope the same depth of flavor when preparing a braise. I also have found the texture of meat is more succulent with a good ol'fashioned Dutch oven. Time is often your friend when preparing dishes that are meant to take time.
That seems like sound reasoning, unfortunately time isn't our friend at this phase of our lives.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Higbee
Back