Initial Ascent backpack

mxracer317

Has anyone bought their new version of their pack?

Looking at the 5k pack and trying to get some feedback.

So I run the IA4k. And I love it, I want the 8K just because it will fit everything and then some. With the 4k (4000ci) + lid (500ci) + load shelf (2500ci). It's tight. But I can get all of my items and food for a 10 day hunt in bag and load shelf, just takes thoughtful planning. A bigger bag would alleviate that. I run it winter moose hunting and the bag weight is about #40 for just the day. Granted I don't have the most lightest gear but still.. it has packed out a front moose 1/4, all my gear. Total weight around #110. That was a 3/4 miles. Second pack was another front moose 1/4, head and gear, about #130 that time. 2.5 miles. It handled the second pack out like a charm. Didn't move or shift on me at all.... The first pack out however was a different story.. learn your pack before you get too crazy with it.. I forgot to reattach the load lifters, so needless to say my shoulders were on fire. All in all I like their pack frame and 4k bag

Do you feel
So I run the IA4k. And I love it, I want the 8K just because it will fit everything and then some. With the 4k (4000ci) + lid (500ci) + load shelf (2500ci). It's tight. But I can get all of my items and food for a 10 day hunt in bag and load shelf, just takes thoughtful planning. A bigger bag would alleviate that. I run it winter moose hunting and the bag weight is about #40 for just the day. Granted I don't have the most lightest gear but still.. it has packed out a front moose 1/4, all my gear. Total weight around #110. That was a 3/4 miles. Second pack was another front moose 1/4, head and gear, about #130 that time. 2.5 miles. It handled the second pack out like a charm. Didn't move or shift on me at all.... The first pack out however was a different story.. learn your pack before you get too crazy with it.. I forgot to reattach the load lifters, so needless to say my shoulders were on fire. All in all I like their pack frame and 4k bag
do you feel the ability to carry extra loads with the bag is legit? That is their claim to fame i believe

While I haven't loaded up the side hooks like you see them do at the shows. It makes a good rifle sling for a quick move and quick access. Would I use the side hooks? Absolutely, on deers or bou to get back to the wheeler if we had one. Good luck with two elk quarters on there along with your gear😅. But yes their pack does handle weight very well. Well enough that I haven't gotten rid of it after two moose pack outs

Back