Info on pack goat rentals in Idaho

T Bone

Looking for an outfit that rents experienced pack goats and gear in the Boise, Twin or Idaho Falls areas.

Any info would be apreciated.

Thanks

T Bone

T-bone,

I know this guy named Oscar who seems to deal in all sorts of farm animals. Pigs, sheep, etc... Want me to see if he has Goats in his boats?
biggrin.gif

Actually I just ordered my new raft today, and rafts are far more fun on the Middle Fork than goats.
biggrin.gif

I'll keep my ears open. No interest in Llamas?

Gunner,

I have found a place in the Boise valley that will rent me good llamas. I guess they carry 70-80 pounds.
The inquiry about goats is because I've heard they are cheaper. When a pack of wolves tears mr goat to shreds I won't be out as much $.

The boat option and hunting from the bottom is interesting. You have 12 days off in Sept?

I was keeping 12 days in September open, as I felt it was MY turn to draw a sheep tag. But it looks like you Out of STate HUnters stole MY tag.
tongue.gif
The IDFG website is still claiming that I was unsuccesful in drawing a tag for sheep.
mad.gif

Llama costs are getting pretty cheap, you might just buy 2, and then re-sell them when done. Or, buy 8 goats, and re-sell them. I can't imagine they take much training.

IT seems like the newspapers always have an annual article about Goat Packers. Maybe send Zimowsky a question for his Thursday Outdoors QandA/

tyson.. Idaho Ron I think is a Goat packer guy.... Try looking him up !!! He posts in the Upland game alot I think.

Thanks all for the ideas. Looks I've got the pack animal issue covered. Going in on horses (drop camp) for 14 days!!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1st BDX Scope
Back