MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Inexpensive starter compound bow

TriStar Hunt

Hello! I’m making the jump to archery and looking to see if anyone is hoping to part with a bow I could take hunting white tail and bear in Tennessee. The current starter bow packages by bear archery, pse, and diamond are in the 300s, but I figured I’d drop a line here and see if I can inherent good second hand gear, make a connection, and save some money on this transition to archery. I appreciate it’s a long shot and am hoping I don’t get too much hate for trying to save on a starter bow. Thanks for the forum!

Go to your local archery shop ask if the have some bows on consignment might pay a little more but not by much. Then if they have more than one you could get them to set a few to your size let you shoot a few through each and see which one feels the best to you. Also this will introduce you to some pro shop guys that will be helpful down the road with adjustments or questions or maybe just someone to shoot with for some pointers. I know this from experience bought one off a local Craigslist listing site guys in the shop used to ignore me took 2 dozen arrows a release and broadheads. Plus multiple trips to shoot in there before they really warmed up to me. Had I bought a consignment bow from them might have been a hundred more but comes with a lifetime adjustment and repairs for free. Plus gives them the warm and fuzzies. Good luck

You need to get your draw length measured ,so you know what you need to look for.
Any archery shop should be able to do that for you.

Fred Bear and PSE are well worth the simple RTH gigs at great prices. Really hard to go wrong with such. Be cautious of used compounds @ pawn shops. Typically the buyers are looking for issues though a friend purchased one via another that came across the bow at a pawn shop.

Turned out there was a fissure crack running down the upper limb. That could have been a serious accident in the works.

$300-$400 is well worth the price for a new Bear/PSE, etc. just sayin'

I have a PSE stinger as a back up bow. Amazingly smooth for an entry level bow and a ton of adjustability if you decide to pass it down to one of your kids.

I bought my bow online because the pro shop doesn’t sell Bear. I’ve needed help and adjustments numerous times and the pro shop is very gracious and doesn’t charge…I still offer every time and they decline. If I could do it all over again I would just have bought a used bow from the shop.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back