Indiana's Proposed rifle season . . . .

They admitted in one press release that I read that it's a social issue that they, the DNR, are not ready to push at this time. Looks like the squeaky (bow) wheels got the grease...

If I had the money right now I'd build a 7mm Mag handgun and shoot deer with 162gr Amax bullets this year in protest. Yes, that would be legal... :rolleyes:

I wouldn't want to shoot it, but, I'd watch you shoot it!! That would be a handful! lol:D
I think it will be back by next Spring with some adjustments. . .

Personally I don't have an issue with Indiana's decision. In the area that I hunt I would be hard pressed to get a shot over 150-200 yards, unless I was shooting from my truck on the roadside. I am comfortable with my muzzleloader to 150. Most place that I can hunt I would never get a shot over 75 anyway. I love my rifles, but I am okay as it is. There will be hunters that are either unsafe and/or unethical, no matter what they shoot.

Personally I don't have an issue with Indiana's decision. In the area that I hunt I would be hard pressed to get a shot over 150-200 yards, unless I was shooting from my truck on the roadside. I am comfortable with my muzzleloader to 150. Most place that I can hunt I would never get a shot over 75 anyway. I love my rifles, but I am okay as it is. There will be hunters that are either unsafe and/or unethical, no matter what they shoot.

I totally agree. If I get a shot over 60 yds. . .I'm on the edge of a cornfield.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back