Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Indiana Whitetails. . . love this time of year!

RUT JUNKEY

Dad and I both tagged out this week. Dad took a decent 8pt on Tuesday morning and I followed it up by taking a nice 9pt on Saturday morning while blind rattling. . .also shot my 2nd coyote right before he came in. The activity here is really heating up, and gun season opens this Saturday. . .it should be a good one! I got drawn for the Shades State Park deer reductions again this year, so I will be looking for another buck on Monday and Tuesday next week. . . .and then again the 30th and Dec1st. Good luck to all.

Attachments

• 20151103_072735.jpg
    20151103_072735.jpg
    281.6 KB · Views: 434
  • Dad 2015 bow.jpg
    Dad 2015 bow.jpg
    266.6 KB · Views: 440
  • 2015-11-07_14.05.02.jpeg
    2015-11-07_14.05.02.jpeg
    249.6 KB · Views: 435
  • 20151107_091117.jpeg
    20151107_091117.jpeg
    237.9 KB · Views: 434
  • 20151107_091214.jpeg
    20151107_091214.jpeg
    272.4 KB · Views: 436
Great bucks!
Like the brows on that 9er!
Congrats - good luck next week!

Way to go Junkey! Really nice looking bucks you and your dad got. Impressive.

If your hunting Shades, you're a little north of me.

No luck for me yet. Would really love to be out next couple of days, but the weather looks wet or very windy. Never had any luck with windy conditions.

Way to go Junkey! Really nice looking bucks you and your dad got. Impressive.

If your hunting Shades, you're a little north of me.

No luck for me yet. Would really love to be out next couple of days, but the weather looks wet or very windy. Never had any luck with windy conditions.

. . .Actually, my Dads property butts up next to the Shades! I know the area well... we scouted yesterday and found a ton of good sign. . . keeping my fingers crossed. Good luck !!

Been thinking it was time for you to show some nice bucks..congrats to you and your Dad.

My friend Jody from down the road also tagged a great deer. She said she had never seen it on her property and didn't have any trail cam pics of him either. . . I told her she still shoots like a girl!! LOL. ....this is just a GREAT deer!

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1447161494423.jpg
    FB_IMG_1447161494423.jpg
    156.1 KB · Views: 351
My friend Jody from down the road also tagged a great deer. She said she had never seen it on her property and didn't have any trail cam pics of him either. . . I told her she still shoots like a girl!! LOL. ....this is just a GREAT deer!

Yea, that one ain't bad, either. :rolleyes: ;)

Very nice!! I keep letting trips west eat up all my bowhunting time... Those are 3 dandy bucks!

I think gun season is shaping up to be pretty good as I think the chasing is just getting going. My BIL had 13 does in front of him for 3 hrs last weekend and didn't see a buck. I saw 3 bucks bird dogging does yesterday in just a couple hours driving around. I'm taking my 5yo with me Sat. morning. I know he's going to want me to shoot the first deer we see. I'll probably acquiesce, but it'd be nice to try to hold out for a bit.

Way to get it done, Hoosier! By the way, I am a Hoosier too.

Down my way (Dearborn County), I don't think the rut has even started. No deer cruising, no scrapes, no rubs, no chasing, no seeking.......nothing. Glad to see its happening else where. Great job on some very nice Indiana bucks!

Very nice!! I keep letting trips west eat up all my bowhunting time... Those are 3 dandy bucks!

I think gun season is shaping up to be pretty good as I think the chasing is just getting going. My BIL had 13 does in front of him for 3 hrs last weekend and didn't see a buck. I saw 3 bucks bird dogging does yesterday in just a couple hours driving around. I'm taking my 5yo with me Sat. morning. I know he's going to want me to shoot the first deer we see. I'll probably acquiesce, but it'd be nice to try to hold out for a bit.

I also saw a huge buck last night after work (4pm) with a doe bedded, when I came back by a little before 6pm he was still standing over her. They are getting fired up! Good luck!

Thanks! I'm going to need all I can get to hang a tag on anything other than a doe or dink.

My buddy and I have been hunting near Turkey Run SP for years. I didn't realize you were that close. Your rut report has us excited. I hope there are a couple of good ones left. Good luck Saturday. We'll be watching for the update.

Back