In memory of a group of hero's who died in a helicopter crash.

schmalts

Thought I would bring this up on the anniversary. They get forgotten so fast,

CAMP FALLUJAH, Iraq (NNS) -- Thirty Marines and one Sailor from the 1st Marine Division and the 3rd Marine Aircraft Wing of the I Marine Expeditionary Force died Jan. 26 when their CH-53E Super Stallion helicopter crashed near Ar Rutbah in the Al Anbar Province while conducting security and stabilization operations.

All Marines, Sailors, Soldiers and Airmen of the I Marine Expeditionary Force mourn the tragic loss of our brothers in arms.

A recovery team is at the crash site, and the cause of the crash is currently under investigation.

The names of the deceased are being withheld pending next of kin notification.

"While we mourn the loss of these heroes, we will honor their sacrifice by continuing our mission to bring democracy to the people of Iraq," said Marine Lt. Gen. John F. Sattler, commanding general, I Marine Expeditionary Force. "To the families of these brave men, our heartfelt thoughts and prayers go out to you at this most difficult of times."

I believe that crash was in 2005, but it is a good anniversary to remember. I saw one post on Fakebook, where somebody thought that it should not have been mentioned, en lieu of the Kobe Bryant thing-NOT! Those guys were the real deal and deserve to be remembered.

Amen. Thanks Schmalts. You and your company have always been a leading voice for our veterans and first responders. Thank you.

Back