Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Impulse buy, moooo..

Rancho Loco

Local whorehouse had the T3 SL 7/08 in stock, they made me buy it after my slobber and grubby paw prints rendered it unsaleable.

I decided to go moo cow on the camo. Probably a VX2 3-9 on top with talleys. I picked up a LA mag too, and will hit the bolt stop with some beer induced gunsmithing.

I'm gonna try 150 LRABs, but will probably stick with the 150 BT, despite hearing that they can't kill anything but dirt squirrels..

20150718_144302_zpsbcvddiwk.jpg

I could like that! Though if I was gonna bother with the LA mag and grinding the bolt stop, I'd probably have it rechambered in 284 Win...

Good luck and post the range reports.

Yeah, the 150 BT, in a 7mm/08, is too heavy, shoots too slow, and generally frowned upon.....except maybe for maybe the occasional whitetail, pig, axis deer. ;) I've gone to the 140's these days, because after 15 yrs of hunting with the 150's and hearing they won't work, I figured I had to be doing something wrong!

Nice rifle !

Should fool the Holsteins.

Cool looking IMO..you gonna stretch the OAL? My Montana 7-08's ammo compartment is a mite cramped.

D2L with 150 LRAB is 2.980", too long for the case neck, so I'll hold them at 2.930 or so..

150BT is 2.950"..

SA mag = 2.835" LA mag = 3.370"..

I picked up this exact rifle last week as well. Mainly for my Mountain Goat hunt this fall, and for an all weather light mountain rifle. I love the 7mm/08 and this one fits the bill for my needs. My paint job will be a Dark Earth and Dark Green combination to mimic the topsides of an RAF Supermarine Spitfire Mk I, since it is the 75th Anniversary of the Battle of Britain.

I have the SS T3 in 7/08 as well, shoots the 150 BT's lights out over 41.5 grains of RL 15.

I think I'll run out to Logan tomorrow to see how this one works with that recipe..

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back