Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Important Cultural Survey

What is your association with the meatloaf sandwich?

• Never heard of it

Votes: 5 7.8%
  • Heard of it, never had it

Votes: 12 18.8%
  • Have eaten one

Votes: 25 39.1%
  • Regularly eat them

Votes: 22 34.4%

• Total voters
Grew up with meatloaf and sammies. From moms midwest loafs to the ex's gourmet blends.
Meatloaf,mayo,dillpickle on whole wheat is my favorite.

Just saw a package of lambburger in the freezer for the ex's elkloaf recipe.
Now I'm going to have to smoke one...

Nevada chiming in never had a meatloaf sandwich but make it on the regular. I like mine with gravy and mashed potatoes. Ketchup in the mix though.

I add finely diced veggies and bread crumbs to mine - that’s a balanced meal right there.

Also don’t sleep on the breakfast meatloaf toad-in-the-hole. Keep the egg over medium and thank me for the crispy edges on the meatloaf slices. Naturally this works best if you covered your meatloaf with bacon slices during initial baking like a good American.

North Dakota here, you will find them on some smaller town menus and can find them in various gas stations.

Meatloaf is made with Italian breadcrumbs and egg. It should be half burger and up to half Italian sausage. Cheese is an acceptable addition but not required. A layer of tomato based sauce should adorn the top and bacon is strongly suggested.

A starchy side is required. Mashed potatoes is a strong suggestion. In the case of a meatloaf sandwich the bread may substitute for said starch.

Has to be cold meatloaf, on white un toasted bread, covered in Dukes mayo...yes I am from the south. When u take a bite if the bread doesn't stick to roof of your mouth you don't have enough mayo on it.
Yes Yes and Yes!!! Hellmann's will do in a pinch.

Back