Impact of Game Commissioner's firing?

Dougfirtree

I thought this was interesting and would be curious to hear from folks in NM about the impact of this decision, the backstory, etc.

His inability to be fully truthful when asked a straight question when he was running NMWF showed his real promise as a politician.

will this posibly be revinue related?? any chance of us n r diy ers getting more than 6%???problably not,but thought id throw it out there.

That’s a bummer. Reading online, looks like it’s all related to expanded stream access rights. Had no idea that they were pushing such an expansion down there, but it makes fishing in NM sound a lot more appealing.

All those property owners in NM should know that MT’s stream access laws just ruined land values up here. No one wants to move to the state and acreage with river access is now dirt cheap and impossible to sell. *insert eye roll emoji*

Yeah, it sounds like she's in over her head and trying to tread water in a state split with partisanism. Dysfunctional with no leadership abilities.

Big.money donors mean more to the Gov than maintaining stream access.

Jeremy is a solid guy. I've known him a long time. This is pretty petty politics from Lujan-Grisham.
Sounds to me like they should get rid of this commission, get politics out of management, and leave the decision making up to the Wildlife professionals. *wink

I have had a few conversations with him. It was probably political. Lot's of libs love their ranches too.

Don't know about the stream access deal here. Much. Stopped me from buying near the Pecos though.
And I'll eat a pile here,I'm a landowner who gets tags. We did not see the same thing there.

I believe she threw a pro landowner off 2 years ago.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bgeary
Back