Im looking to get into archery whitetail hunting mainly for doe managment

To repeat what’s been said many times, go to a pro shop that has the ability to properly set it up and give you some lessons.

Prob any bow from the past 5-10 years will be effective if set up properly.
Prob even older than that.

Maybe look into a crossbow if you’re just wanting to manage doe’s if they’re legal where you’re at and you don’t have plans to bow hunt out of state.

To repeat what’s been said many times, go to a pro shop that has the ability to properly set it up and give you some lessons.

Prob any bow from the past 5-10 years will be effective if set up properly.
Prob even older than that.

Maybe look into a crossbow if you’re just wanting to manage doe’s if they’re legal where you’re at and you don’t have plans to bow hunt out of state.
i have a crossbow but it is quite boring and i want to get into bow hunting

Substitute "PRO SHOP" for "TOE PICK"

DistantAntiqueBream-size_restricted.gif

F,M,K ... hunt talk edition.
Omg this would be hilarious!

Also, Idk how much this actually matters, but Hoyt, Mathews and PSE appear to be the biggest names in archery and are available in a lot of places.
Because of this I have this theory that if you broke something on your bow mid season it would be easier to track down replacements parts and service for one of these than it would be for a less popular brand. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Based on your pike picture, I'd say you'd be well served to buy something adjustable in draw length so you don't outgrow it in 6 months. The Diamond bows are one of several that have a wide range of draw adjustment and are good quality. Go to a real pro shop and have them set you up correctly.

For what it’s worth...I just picked up a new V3 and it’s nice! I am partial to Mathews and my advice would be to look on classifieds on hunting sites for a bow from a few years ago. A 3 or 4 year old model would be great. I just sold my last Mathews (creed) for a good deal. I would be looking for something like that to start. You can buy a used top-of-the line bow (a couple years old) for about half price. Would do everything you need.

Most bows are now adjustable on the cam. If you can pull 50lbs, I'd suggest a 50-60 pound bow.

Stick with the big names (PSE, Hoyt, Mathews, Bowtech) and find a GOOD local shop, make sure you get fit for draw length - way more important than draw weight

Doe anyone have any suggestions for different bows, i can pull up to 50 lbs
I can pull 70, 75 if I cheat. My hunting bow is set at 59. You’ll want to set your weight at what you can comfortably shoot a dozen arrows without fatiguing. If you’re 9 years old maybe that is 30 lbs IDK. Agree with comment above about a bow with a wide range of lb adjustment. Any name brand youth bow that feels good in your hands

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ColtenGilbert
Back