Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

I'm hooked on goats

mdunc8

Went out chasing antelope for the first time (ever) this afternoon. Found a group of about 50 with a handful of nice bucks. Managed to belly crawl about half a mile to get within 70 yards of the outer most does bedded down. Couldn't get within range of any of the nice bucks but did manage to get within 45 yards of a few does and a smaller buck after 6, yes 6, hours. Decided to pass and not push it since they don't get hunted much. Hoping I'll be able to put myself in a better position to close the deal tomorrow. I now know why so many of you are crazy about chasing these critters. It's a blast.

you said it...I LOVE hunting goats! Our numbers are down here in western SD from winterkill the last two years. How are the herds looking out your way?

I think they're looking pretty bad in the eastern part of the state. They usually give out 10,000 doe tags in region 7, but they dropped it to 2,000 this year due to a 30% decline after a rough winter. I'm over near Bozeman and there seems to be plenty over here.

good luck they are very addicting but watch out your wallet will take a hit when you want to hunt them in several states a year.
Post up some pics when you get him

Already thinking about putting in for Wyoming next year. I went out again today and was surprised to find a group of 12 bucks still hanging out together. Had them at 60 yards feeding right to me, but got winded. Didn't have an option of where to setup, so I took my chances with the wind and lost.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back