Illinois Double

SONG DOG

Went out early this morning. Everything was in my favor, wind, setup and weather. I started with a long non-dominant howl, right at day light. Waited a couple minutes and did it again. Then I went to the DSG and played it for about 5-8 minutes and muted it. I then hit the Interogation Howl and again waited for about 5 minutes and right back to the DSG.
Straight ahead at me comes #1 dog( he drops down in a swale), #2 dog follows in same tracks, and then #3 dog lags behind. They all got together in the swale and two of them pop up showing 1/2 their body at 60 yards. I couldn't take it and dropped the hammer on the 1st dog. He squealls, I thought that was awesome because it would bring them back and then WACK #2 is down. Ole #3 got away but 2 out of three, SWEET.
This was the 1st double taken with my RRA AR. After talking to Byron about the AR's I see their part. If I had to go for the 2nd shot with a bolt gun I would have got busted on the 2nd dog.
Hope you like this breif and hurried story and pics.
This pic is where #1 and #2 dropped after the shots.(FX3 and JITB was put there afterwards for pics)
100_0267.jpg

100_0271.jpg

This is Rhett, he was excited when I got back to the house and told him Dad busted 2 dogs. So he had to go with me to get them on the 4- wheeler.
100_0280.jpg

BTW- Rhett will be 5 in December and he took these pics

Hope all enjoy. THE FX3 and JACK-In-The-Box , ROCK!!!!!

God Bless,

Song Dog

Its been awhile since I here, hopefully I can visit moreoften.

Moosie, are you going to hunt or be at the GemState Hunt this year? I wish I could make it. I sure miss Idaho. I could move there in a heart beat :)

Song dog, Great pictures. I love calling coyotes more than anything. Do you know anything about the FoxPro digital caller? I am thinking of buying one. They look pretty cool to me and I heard they work well with coyotes that are "rabbit call" shy.

Do you have any suggestions on different calling strategies with these kind of calls. The reason I ask is this FoxPro caller has about 18 different calls. I guess experimenting with it is really the way to find out what works and what doesnt.

Again great job putting the smack down on those dogs!!!!!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theghostbull
Back