Illegal Outfitting Case

The fines seem very low.
Nemont

Agreed! Especially when you consider the man hour expense of a “multi year investigation across multiple states”. The wildlife of course has intrinsic value but they should at the least be allowed to cover the cost of the investigation which I doubt they even scratched 🤬

I was going to post this earlier, but figured you might have more details than what were reported. Maybe @Eric Albus has additional info? Curious who this guy previously guided for and who led to the investigation?

I know nothing of this case but I am always amazed the guys stay in business as long as they typically do. The top of your due diligence list should include verifying licensing, permits etc. Alaska has started charging some of the clients as well as the illegal operators. It is a pain in the butt dealing with all the different agencies, think ill be at 17 or 19 different licenses and permits including a $100.00 permit for each of the four dogs we may use to guide Ptarmigan hunts, not to mention Insurance etc. but you just gotta do it.

I’d be curious if fines even matched his revenue from his illegal outfitting, seems doubtful.

One letter different. Same guy?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-03-17 at 4.55.01 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-03-17 at 4.55.01 PM.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 53
Good to see he got caught. I was involved with covert cases lasting over five years covering multiple states and Canadian provinces. Sometimes that's what it takes to get the worst of the worst. Those seem to always involve illegal outfitters.

Ridiculously low fines. I mean come on. That’s like paying a fee to get to hunt all those places. Really if there is little risk like this, they are encouraging others to go for it too. I don’t want to be political or anything so I better stop there. I think I know what’s going on though.

Back