if you had $700 to spend?

Sell your current binos, and use that money to bump your budget. Look for a used pair 10x42 Meopta Meostars, Nikon HGs, Zeiss Conquest or Maven B2s in the ~$800 range, then spend the rest on a good tripod and pan head. You would be surprised what you can accomplish with a quality pair of 10x on a tripod. I would rather have one set of binos with great glass than two or three units with cheap glass.

I would say save your money, once you hit the 1k budget choice open up a lot. much better quality.

Agreed. Rock $150 binos for 7 years if you have to, to be able to afford the best. Buy once cry once, they'll
last you for 20+ years.

I wasted money going from low, to mid, to mid to high grade. The mid grade shit has little re-sale value,
when I could have just bought $1,500 glass to begin with, with the money I wasted upgrading.

Agreed. Rock $150 binos for 7 years if you have to, to be able to afford the best. Buy once cry once, they'll
last you for 20+ years.

I wasted money going from low, to mid, to mid to high grade. The mid grade shit has little re-sale value,
when I could have just bought $1,500 glass to begin with, with the money I wasted upgrading.

Going through the process right now. Wish I would have just waited instead of spending $200 here, $400 there, etc.

Binos. Buy the best you can afford. I would even make it hurt a little. Several years ago I plunked down the money for 10x50 ultravids. One of my best purchases. I use them all the time. IMO a good spotter is worth having but the binos will get a lot more use. Also, put them on a tripod.

Back