Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

If you drive around the west without mudflaps

This doesn't even apply just to the mountains, I've never seen more cracked windshields than in Arizona for folks that drive the I-10 daily. those folks are swapping glass every few months. I avoid the 10 for that exact reason

I replace a windshield on one vehicle every year. I just try and rotate them so I only pay 300 once a year my insurance won’t let us get a windshield only policy

We own three vehicles, all three are sporting cracks in the windshield. I get them sealed, but sooner or later,,,$hit happens. When they get bad enough, I get them replaced.

My older truck has eaten thru two sets of mudflaps. Presently it doesn't have any on them. That is likely why one of the windows on the front of the horse trailer got busted. That window is presently a stout lattice of duct tape. Just part of the Montana life style.

The mudflaps on my Tacoma kept getting ripped off on the trail. Ended up loosening the fender flare as well. My current truck didnt come with them. I do wish they'd make some low profile ones to catch some tire ejections without getting hung on obstacles. Seems they think it's an all or nothing type thing.

My wife drove COS to DEN every day in my Wrangler for two years. I think it's on #7 which is also cracked. After the hail storms last year the price for a new windshield almost doubled at SafeLite so I'm going to hold out until right before it gets on a truck to Fairbanks.

My wife drove COS to DEN every day in my Wrangler for two years. I think it's on #7 which is also cracked. After the hail storms last year the price for a new windshield almost doubled at SafeLite so I'm going to hold out until right before it gets on a truck to Fairbanks.
Ouch, I couldn't make that drive. That's why 83 is so busy now.

Friend's dad was biker from Brooklyn way back in the greaser days. They all carried a ball peen hammers to keep other drivers polite.

Can't afford to give CDOT free money!! I used to carry old sparkplugs in my leathers when I rode my motorcycle to downtown...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back