Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

If OTC went OTD (out the door)

squirrel

Genetics- yep
Food- yep
Longevity- nope

But not so long ago we had the whole enchilada.

Found this one grown into a Juniper tree to the point I had to saw and twist, while twisting broke off about 6" of his huge back scratcher NT point.

image by squirrel2012, on Flickr

image by squirrel2012, on Flickr

And yet some needles slip thru the hay stack. 330 as a 5x5 what an animal. 20 # but after 6-8 miles felt like 35!

IMG_4518.JPG

It's really to bad. I think we could have the best elk hunting in the west, much like mule deer, with some proper management. Cash flow has to come from somewhere I guess.

Awesome bull and find.

It's really to bad. I think we could have the best elk hunting in the west, much like mule deer, with some proper management. Cash flow has to come from somewhere I guess.

Awesome bull and find.

Where does all the money go? Seriously... Why does cost CO twice as much to fund wildlife management than any other state? When you have 2/3 of the state OTC for elk, what management is needed other than taking the money at the door? Landowners are effectively managing a large part of the the state as well, what money is needed for that management?

Where does all the money go? Seriously... Why does cost CO twice as much to fund wildlife management than any other state? When you have 2/3 of the state OTC for elk, what management is needed other than taking the money at the door? Landowners are effectively managing a large part of the the state as well, what money is needed for that management?

Fish stocking I believe ;)

Doesnt take a phone call to Dave Ramsey to figure out it isnt an "INcome" problem, its an "OUTgo" problem. Theyve never met a problem, real or imagined, they couldn't throw a million or two at. Can you say Boat inspectors?045.JPG

Colorado is quite the challenge, especially for resident hunters who get screwed at every turn it seems. With 6 million residents to compete with for tags it leaves a lot to be desired.

Very high % of tags to to NR's. R's lose those tags.
Much of the state is OTC elk. R's lose good units to hunt.
Landowner tags. Again R's lose out on tags.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back