Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Iditrarod

Randi

I started to post this last night, but changed my mind when I saw what was going on. Thanks Randy and Kim .

Was wondering who else is following the race, if anyone ? And if so, do you follow a specific musher ?

I usually follow it but have not gotten into it this year. I am not sure if it’s the format or what. I checked yesterday and not surprised to see Dallas Seavey at the front.

Yep I am following. Looks like Dallas is sitting in a great spot. It will be hard to catch him. He is so good at every aspect of the race. Aliy took a hard spill. Glad she is okay.

I follow it very closely! Went to the start of the 2014 race, ceremonial and official both. Moved over after the start and sat on a lake to watch the mushers come through. Visited with Jeff King at his kennel during our first Alaska trip and met up again before the race started in Anchorage. Quite a few mushers around our cabin. Linwood Fiedler is pretty much right across the road. I also play Seavey's Fantasy Iditarod. Not doing all that great this year so far but a couple years ago finished pretty high!

No real favorite to follow but I pretty much know who all the veterans are and watch what they are doing. This year, I'm surprised with Ryan Redington. I didn't pick him because he's so hit or miss about finishing. He's been right up there, but it ain't over until the Red Lantern comes out!

It really is a fascinating race when you consider all aspects of it. I have followed for a long time and would love to get up and fly along the route again.

a little bit ;)

was pulling for marcelle, as this is her last race, but she is out. so far michelle is hanging in there, but there is still a lot of race left

Are you going up to see Hodgeman, or are you already there Randi ?

Salmonchaser, when you were growing up, didn't the race route run close to you ? I also hope you make it back one day.

I Cheyenne thank you but by the time they had started the race I was already in College I think. I’m older than dirt. We did run quite a few races around Ladd AFB/Ft. Wainwright however.
We were talking about coming up for the start, see the northern lights kinda trip but even at 65 life can get in the way. Still planning on next year.

Are you going up to see Hodgeman, or are you already there Randi ?
I did make both starts this year but will not be going to Nome.

. I’m older than dirt. We did run quite a few races around Ladd AFB/Ft. Wainwright however.
:ROFLMAO:
We were talking about coming up for the start, see the northern lights kinda trip but even at 65 life can get in the way. Still planning on next year.
hope so!

Michelle is now 8th, but it is early. Same with Millie, so far so good !

Dallas wins again! Kind of a no-brainer. Pretty good race going in the remaining top 10. Wish I would have been up there for it. It's just a few minutes from our cabin over to Deshka.

Dallas wins again! Kind of a no-brainer. Pretty good race going in the remaining top 10. Wish I would have been up there for it. It's just a few minutes from our cabin over to Deshka.
Hope you make it up next year

yes, congrats to Dallas and Aaron looks like he has 2nd, but I agree, it is still a good race between 3 and 10, although Ryan is down to 6 dogs. Still two girls in the top 10 :)

Hope you make it up next year

yes, congrats to Dallas and Aaron looks like he has 2nd, but I agree, it is still a good race between 3 and 10, although Ryan is down to 6 dogs. Still two girls in the top 10 :)
Probably not gonna be there. 🙁 Too much expense for making the trip just for that. I would MUCH rather come up and spend some time relaxing, and come home with some fish! Been a while since the freezer had any Alaskan fish in it.

I have a feeling Mille will be someone to watch out for in the future. Rookie of the Year last year and now improving on her finish this year. Felt bad for Aliy when she crashed out on her last race. She was always right up there in the end. 2nd 3 years in a row!

We went to a sled dog camp while on a cruise/land denali tour. It was fascinating. It was not a "winners" camp, but one who just participated, the logistics and cost to run that race was mind boggling. They went over it step by step, the logistics, the required dog care etc. The mushers are gps tracked and the wife was telling a story about one race where the husband got "lost" on an ice field, he was way off course and heading out to sea, and she was freaking out. Then suddenly he turned around and headed the right way. His version was he knew he was lost, but pulled over at mid-night and climbed an iceberg and saw the lights WAY off and went that way.

We did get to play with some puppies and watch them go off on a training run pulling an ATV, they talked about target speed, duration, training, health care for dogs, it was all very interesting.

Back