Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

IDF&G and breeding pairs

Amazing what conservation and biologists reports bring to the table. Liberal logic doesn't hold a candle to conservation. As long as Idaho and other states don't listen to the sheep from other states, we will continue to provide opportunities for hunters and non hunters alike to enjoy each States wildlife.

Heading up soon myself

I'm heading up in the next week or so to try for a wolf or two. Not sure if I'm going to do Idaho or Montana....I'm from Northern California :( where you never hear straight talk like the head of the Idaho Fish and Game just did. In California, all our lawmakers have never set foot in the real wilderness and sure as hell never hunted. In fact, California just changed the name from "fish and game" to "fish and wildlife" because many thought no animal should be considered "game"...total cost for the name change is in the millions....yay:W:

I like the rationale of the ID F&G. Verify enough breeding pairs to show you are at least 50% over the minimums then quite counting. Good enough is just that.

Anyone remember when the 5yr USFWS oversight is over for MT and ID?

I'm heading up in the next week or so to try for a wolf or two. Not sure if I'm going to do Idaho or Montana....I'm from Northern California :( where you never hear straight talk like the head of the Idaho Fish and Game just did. In California, all our lawmakers have never set foot in the real wilderness and sure as hell never hunted. In fact, California just changed the name from "fish and game" to "fish and wildlife" because many thought no animal should be considered "game"...total cost for the name change is in the millions....yay:W:
The same thing happened here in NV. It used to be Nevads Department of Fish and Game.
Now we have the Nevada Department of Wildlife. This happend quite a few years ago, can't say that I noticed any difference

wolf hunt thrill

I had the chance to hunt Idaho wolf in2014, January. It was incredible! Didn't get one, but had a blast on a stalk & call with a wolf. It literally howled around the cabin I was staying in, all night. In the morn I went to check the traps my freind had set, no wolf. It then began howling & barking nearby, so the stalk was on! By the end of it all I wondered who was stalking who? They are cunnimg & smart!

wolf hunt thrill

I had the chance to hunt Idaho wolf in2014, January. It was incredible! Didn't get one, but had a blast on a stalk & call with a wolf. It literally howled around the cabin I was staying in, all night. In the morn I went to check the traps my freind had set, no wolf. It then began howling & barking nearby, so the stalk was on! By the end of it all I wondered who was stalking who? They are cunnimg & smart!

wolf hunt

I hunted wolf in Idaho in 2013...lots of sign along the river bed but never saw any fur.
Did put on over 300 miles on a snow machine. Great camp and guides. Night hunt would have been the ticket....to bad it's not allowed yet.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back