Ideas for a antelope, deer and elk rifle for wife and daughter.

Following this thread as I’m also looking for a rifle for my daughter. What has the least kick, 7mm-08, 6.5PRC or 6.5 Creedmoor? Unlike my son, she’s a petite thing, and I need something that doesn’t make her flinch/cry. I’m considering a Savage w/ AccuStock so I can adjust the length of pull as I’d like to use it too for deer sized animals and smaller. My current 110 High Country in .300WM is HEAVY!

Following this thread as I’m also looking for a rifle for my daughter. What has the least kick, 7mm-08, 6.5PRC or 6.5 Creedmoor? Unlike my son, she’s a petite thing, and I need something that doesn’t make her flinch/cry. I’m considering a Savage w/ AccuStock so I can adjust the length of pull as I’d like to use it too for deer sized animals and smaller. My current 110 High Country in .300WM is HEAVY!
The 6.5 PRC has more kick than either the 7mm-08 or 6.5CM. The 6.5CM will kick slightly less than the 7mm-08 but the difference is not much. Savage AccuStock is a good choice. Mossberg as well as others have Youth models. Weatherby has an option designed for women and smaller framed shooters. You just have to take her shopping and let her hold a few and see what she feels good holding.

The 6.5 PRC has more kick than either the 7mm-08 or 6.5CM. The 6.5CM will kick slightly less than the 7mm-08 but the difference is not much. Savage AccuStock is a good choice. Mossberg as well as others have Youth models. Weatherby has an option designed for women and smaller framed shooters. You just have to take her shopping and let her hold a few and see what she feels good holding.
Thanks for your insight! She's 12 and is right on the edge of youth/adult sizes for rifles. As I want something she can use for a longer period of time, I'm going with an adult rifle. As for the Weatherby, it doesn't have the adjustable cheek height like the Savage and they also don't have a military discount. This being said, you have a great point about letting her hold the guns. I need to find somewhere who has all of the options I'm considering so she can hold them. Unfortunately, in IL, there's not places who specialize in rifles for out west... Time to do some calling around!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back