Idaho, you daho, but let's be friends!

JustEppic

Hey guys!
I am finally posting my, please be my friend post LOL. I will be hunting the state of Idaho now, for the rest of my life, thanks to my military disability prices. I have been working on myself to be better, which means, I am starting to work on relationship building. I am not just looking for military people, the only thing we need to have in common is that we love to hunt and fish. I want to meet new people, share a campfire, have a few laughs, mostly at my expense because come on... I choose to limp around in the woods, i deserve to be made fun of LOL. I want to learn how to fly fish better (i have the basics), whatever, just hang out. My family doesn't want to come sadly, but I am family friendly so bring your kids, they cant be any louder than mine! Drinking is minimum, I don't care as long as you are responsible, I might have a beer, but i don't drink much around guns. I am drug free and 0 tolerance, i dont care what you do in your own life, just dont do it in camp. I have no other rules...We can hunt seperately, together, like i said, someone hop in here and lets get something going.
As of right now I am hunting the Palouse come Elk season, I have a bear tag and a deer tag (OTC), i will do those anywhere. I have plenty of time off, (I can take off Aug31 to Mid Oct), I will be hunting in Central Washington for Elk and Deer too, if we hit it off, and you want to head this way, I got you! I have some prime hunting here, and will teach you all I know about mule deer. I can also take you walleye fishing, bass fishing...

Good! can always use more military guys, and theres a bunch on here. The idaho DAV tags are great and i have been using then since i retired couple years back(navy) and did annual trips at full price before then when i wasnt deployed. I hunt differnt area of idaho than you so camp sharing aint option this year. However shot me a pm if you ever want to share some info. Heading back in to the ho this weekend to fill my bear tag.

Timely post. IDFG commission asked for comments today about reducing the amount of tags available for non-residents DAV.

I think they are going to get a lot of comments against the change for DAVs.

Timely post. IDFG commission asked for comments today about reducing the amount of tags available for non-residents DAV.

I heard about that, they also asked me if I would be interested in a DAV fishing license if it was available and what the pros/cons would be for a nonres. I explained that if I could hunt on both sides, Spring Bear, and with my Elk hunt, I would likely be there more often, which means putting more money into the small towns along the way (food, gas, restaurants, whatever) I donated to the library of the town I stayed in for my bear hunt, that kind of thing... i would be more likely to be there more often if I could fish more...

If you are interested at all @brymoore I did respond to that, not that i think they will take an out of state persons opinions, but they asked so...

The pool of Non Resident DAV tags are coming from the available Non Resident pool, why would you want to further limit the service men and women who served this country by limiting their access to the state? Many of these veterans, myself included bring more than just a dollar value, they are teaching people everywhere they stop about their love and appreciation for the state of Idaho, raising awareness of the Fish and Game commission in a good light, they are speaking about veterans issues and helping Idaho residents become more educated without relying on the different slants from news agencies about what veterans really deal with on a day to day basis, and why it is important to help them. You are not giving them anything for free, they still pay a fair value for their hunting experiences.

I am sure someone will have something better to say, or probably say something negative about how I said it, but... that was my response.

I know they were planning on seperating youth and dav tags, talked to warden Saturday about it. Last i was aware they planned to not change DAV tags, i really hope they dont unless its just dont count against nonres #s or something administrative! This is one of the few ways people i served with can get together to hunt with all the crazy aplications processes of the west. If anything i am alittle disappointed more states dont model there programs like idahos DAV tags.

They want to limit the numbers... but I think they are taking all info, they have always listened, they are 100000 times better than Washingtons joke of a department.

Comment submitted,all vets and for that matter everyone should comment hopefully support for just leaving it alone, of course DAV requests are up we have been at war for the last 20 years...remember that whole 9/11 thing....

I answered mine last night.

How’s it going! I am also a disabled vet in the Boise area looking for a hunting buddy. I am getting into archery elk but also hunt wolf, deer and want to get into bear. Anyone in my area looking for a hunting buddy? Socially drink once in a while, no drug use. I have plenty of gear if you are new and just getting into hunting. Let me know!

Hey! I hunted north and mid areas. I wasn’t able to get a tag this year with my veteran discount and I didn’t like that I was kicked out of the que after being there most of the night and bumped to 2,500 instead of first where I should have been when it started taking applications. So I won’t be there this year unless I decide to hunt bears, and I would be open to hunt anywhere.

Sorry to hear that. I haven't heard a lot of good things about Idaho's new system. I wish I would have found your post sooner. I've spent some time looking for bears this spring, but I'm not sure if I'll have time to get out again before season ends. Just got back from a weekend hunt. I might get out one more time memorial day weekend, but not sure if I can swing it yet.

Let me check with my wife. If you go I will try to get a tag and stuff (depending) I applied in New Mexico and got drawn... I’m excited. Going to try and record it.

Cool. Like I said, not sure I'll be able to go yet.

I was up on the Palouse but just moved down to southern Idaho. Wish I would have seen your post when I was up there. Would have been good to have someone to hunt with!

I'm planning on archery elk and general deer somewhere in southern Idaho this year (haven't made plans yet)

I'm looking for someone to coyote hunt with. I moved out to Idaho after retirement five years ago.
Roger---

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hotdeals
Back