Idaho unit 45-1 pronghorn

Huntthewest

My son and I drew 45 rifle pronghorn sept. 25th - oct.24th. this is the first time hunting pronghorn my son is 13 and I would like to focus on a buck for him first. I wanted to see if anyone good pass on any information.
Thanks

Welcome to the forum. I've never hunted that unit, but I've seen them driving through the area. Get a unit map from mytopo.com or the onX map chip and you should be able to find several roads leading into BLM ground. Where do you live? I prefer to at least drive through a new area before the hunt starts, but with some 'map time' you should be able to find some good starting spots even if you can't get there first. I hope you guys find 'em and please share some pics, I don't have a pronghorn tag this year and will be forced to live through other peoples hunts.

yup. I live in mtn home and 45 should be an easy hunt I drew the nov doe hunt last year and again this year. last year I was home with tag filled by 10AM

Over the years I have taken a bunch of bucks from this area and know it well. The harsh winter of 2016/17 really did a number on the heards there and they have been slow to bounce back. I’ve been working hard to find ‘em because my kid has a tag. We’re back at it in a couple of days.

Greatbasin are you having any luck finding any bucks? I have been watching Goats all year and as soon as the rut hit its like they all disappeared.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmich05
Back