Caribou Gear

Idaho Speed Goat

coopaloop

I'm new to this site. Thought I'd share.....

Wasn't even going to go 'lope hunting this year but my buddy wanted to come down from Lewiston and have a crack at an antelope with a bow. I found a water seep out on the desert and figured when e got there we'd have a go at it. He left Lewiston after he got off work and got to my house around 2 'oclock in the morning. My alarm went off at 3 A.M and we were off. He slept in the truck on the way out there, as much as he could with me going 60 mph over desert roads. We set the blind up and did the 'ol hurry up and wait.

P9070314.JPG

Not more than two hours and we had goats coming in. A group of does that we watched for a while. They wandered off and about an hour and a half latter a doe and a fawn came running over the horizon right into the water hole. Seemed odd that they would be running like that and we both thought there might be something of interest behind them. Sure enough, buck came in and my buddy dropped it.

Spent the rest of that day watching goats all over but no buck would come in for me. Sat there the next morning and had one come in that I could not get a shot at.

My buddy left for home having taken his prize and I went back out on tuesday. Sat there for a few hours with a few 'lopes comming in but couldn't weasel a shot. I watched a group a 'lopes running back and forth about 250 yards from my blind for about 45 min. Then this guy came running in. Guess he was tired and thirsty from all that tail chasing.

15 yards broadside and it was all over.

P9090329.JPG

What a hunt and a great time with a good buddy.

Gotta love it,

- Coop

Great job Coop!

Success like that can turn archery pronghorn hunting into a serious habit.

Thanks for sharing!

No doubt about that man! I won't be having the same debate of wether to go or not next year!!

COOpaLOOP, Nice loipe, Welcome to this site. Thats a way to start off posting, with some great pictures !!!!

Congrats and Welcome to Moosie's HuntTalk.com bud !!!!

Thanks man. It's nice to have a place to B.S. especially with a bunch of "local" guys. Thanks for having me.

- Coop

Yah, there is a few Local guys... then there is those Clowns From Montana that post here. I charge them to post here though, Weird folk ;) J/K.

Nice canyon Rim picture. Any lope with a bow is a good 'lope. That one would be good with a rifle, Congrats again.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ceemee63
Back