Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Idaho sheep,goat,moose apps

I guess they randomly decide the order that they draw the units in?

The others who stated they draw the application are correct. For a non resident to draw a tag in a unit where only 2 tags are available his application would have to have been the first or second application drawn with that unit as a first choice. However if by chance the first application drawn was a different non resident then the non resident cap would be filled and only resident hunters would be eligible for the second tag.

As for the second choice sheep question the only way to get a second choice is to have more tags than first choice applications. I'm not sure if that has ever happened.

Correction, I looked it up and since 1998 there has been 1 second choice sheep application drawn. It happened in 2002 and even though there were 7 first choice applications only 1 was a resident application and the non resident cap must have been reached. That allowed a resident to be drawn on their second choice. Only 1 of the two tags was filled that year so you have to wonder if the guy who drew second choice filled the tag. If so he is probably one of the luckiest people on earth.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaly24
Back